The Truth

Approximately four weeks have passed since Jayden successfully transfered my soul into my body.

It's no exaggeration to say my training has been difficult, to say the least.

Within the first week, I managed to gain fine motor controls without using any mana, which meant I was finally able to walk without assistance.

The boy still has yet to return from his endeavors which has also given me the time to relearn the techniques we developed together.

I truly have this body to thank. Not only did we forge it from A Class or better mana beast parts, we even intertwined physical enhancements into the muscle fibers.

However, I never expected to have such keen senses.

At first, it was torturous, continuously being overloaded with different textures, scents, noises, and sights.

I soon learned to control my senses though, dull them to the point of somewhat being able to endure the constant influx of information.

And my mana control was of another degree.

Because my body was practically mana in its entirety, my mana channels and mana veins were near perfectly trained, with my mana channels being slightly more refined.

Getting used to controlling my magic properly was a wall worth climbing.

Ever since I grasped proper mana control, it was like developing another sense.

The ambient mana around me, the mana beast's core signatures, the mana inside of the plants. Everything.

I could see nearly anything with a mana signature, and within a radius of at least ten meters.

During my experimental mana control trials, I could at times widen my range of what I dubbed True Mana Sight.

It was severely unlike what most mages would do to augment their sight.

That was simply projecting mana to the retina while protectively coating the rest of the eye.

True Mana Sight however seemed to fuse with my very sense of sight.

Anything and everything in which I used my sense of sight for, it was as if True Mana Sight enhanced those capabilities by several degrees.

Spatial awareness, augmented sight, observational sight, all of which coincided with at least one other external part of my body.

With spatial awareness, it was as if I had been placed directly in front of, or on top of, the object.

Augmented sight had a further range, which—coupled with my enhanced spatial awareness—had been one of my most troublesome assets.

And observational sight had by far been my greatest ally, enhancing my reaction time and speed, while simultaneously giving me the necessary information.

At times, I could even predict the movements of certain creatures due to this ability.

As for the rest of my training, there wasn't much more worth mentioning.

Though, I was quite perplexed by the occasional influx of visions, things I couldn't recognize but had a strange familiarity with.

Until a certain vision came, and I realized they were my memories.

The memories of my life as the avatar of my lord, Outer God Zalam.

It was my mission to be sent down to this world, and aid the boy who would reincarnate as the twin brother of Arthur Leywin, the former King Grey.