Director Part 2

Arthur Leywin

"Can I at least eat din...Ouch!" Mother slapped me on my ass before I could even finish my sentence.

"Of course! Please follow us, Director Cynthia." Mother ushered us, leading Director Cynthia while the rest followed.

My dinner...

Sylvie, who had been hiding underneath the dinner table from the unfamiliar human, trotted behind me, causing Director Cynthia to raise an eyebrow.

"Oh my... What a lovely mana beast. I assume it is your contracted beast, Arthur?" she asked me inquisitively while kneeling down to get a closer view at Sylvie.

"Yeah, she hatched a few months ago. Her name is Sylvie," I simply responded, my mother's hand still grabbing onto the back of my shirt to keep me from escaping, Jayden damn near grabbing my neck just to stop me.

"I have to say, while it is common for nobles to buy beasts to contract, I have never seen a mana beast like yours."

Shrugging my shoulders, I explained, "I'm not exactly sure what she is either. Her mother seemed to be some sort of scaled wolf-like creature. She was already gravely wounded when I stumbled into her nest. She was protecting her egg."

She reached to pet Sylvie but she scampered away and climbed on top of my head.

"Sorry, she's a bit shy around strangers."

"I see. Well enough about her. Let us see if what Vincent said wasn't just exaggeration. He didn't tell me much except that you're an augmenter, saying the rest would be a surprise." She let out a wry smile, making Vincent blush.

We had arrived at the backyard and everyone took seats, giving us enough space, Sylvie struggling to escape the grasp of my little sister, whom I entrusted her with, and Jayden standing up a bit closer to us then everyone else, in case he needed to step in.

"You're not going to use your wand?" I started stretching.

"It isn't very fair of me to be using a weapon when you yourself are empty handed as well, right?" She gave me a wink.

She made a solid point.

I stomped my right foot into the ground and a piece of the ground the size of my body thrusted up. My hands are lazily in my pocket so I kicked the rock at Director Cynthia's direction.

A wind wall appeared instantly in front of her, knocking up the rock I had just kicked high into the air.

Ooh, Insta-casting.

Even without looking, I could tell Jayden was impressed. Maybe he could learn a bit from her.

I guess she wasn't just a director that sat in front of her desk signing papers.

Her brows raised in surprise by the sudden attack I threw at her, but she quickly composed herself. I could tell she hadn't been expecting an elemental attack from me, especially since she knew I was an augmenter.

I willed a gust of wind underneath my feet and propelled myself to her.

Her expression grew even more surprised as I easily jumped up three meters into the air with the help of my Wind attribute skill as a swirling whirlwind enveloped my right fist. Using the boulder that had just been knocked up by the Director as a foothold, I kicked off it to gain enough momentum to hopefully break through her barrier.

The collision of her our two spells created an erratic current of wind, forcing the audience to cover themselves, even with Jayden protecting them with the Aegis Shield. Too slow, huh?