Royalty

When they heard this, Mother—who was holding Eleanor—Tabitha and even Lilia, dropped down, genuflecting. We caught on pretty quick and lowered ourselves a moment later as well.

Giving us a nod, the King gestured for us to stand. "No more of this, now. No need to be stiff, we're just here for the auction, after all."

As we got back up, Sylvie peeked her head out from under Arthur's robe where she was sleeping, surveying curiously the new faces.

"Kuu?" she chirped, tilting her head.

I thought I heard a gasp from one of the guards in the rear, but I wasn't able to tell since their faces were covered.

'I can feel it. The guy in the middle. He's definitely sketchy, and he's got it towards that Dragon.'

Thanks for the warning. I'll be sure to keep him in check.

"Oh my! What a cute little mana beast!" Queen Priscilla's face brightened up at the sight as she made her way towards us; specifically, Arthur.

The King and the two children's eyes looked towards our direction as well.

The guards took a step forward as well, making sure they were close enough to react in case something happened to the Queen.

"She just hatched a few months ago. Her name is Sylvie. Come out and say hello," Srthur responded.

"Kyu~!" she cooed while hopping out of his robe and stretching her body like a cat.

"I assume this little mana beast is your bond, young man?" The King came closer, kneeling down to get a closer view of Sylvie.

He just gave a wordless nod. It should be fine with Sylvie's appearance the way it is. "How fortunate you are to have a mana beast. Even infant ones are not easy to tame, yet she looks to be very obedient."

"Well we're able to communicate mentally, so it's more like a mutual agreement rather than obedience," he shrugged.

"What? You mean to say that you are under an Equals Contract?"

We all turned our heads to face the source of the voice. It was one of the hooded guards behind the children.

'Trouble comes.'

No shit. He doesn't know.

"Umm, I'm not sure what that is, but she was the one that initiated the contract, so I think so?" he shrugged, hoping to switch topic.

"Let me take a closer look at your bond!" the hooded guard exclaimed, creeping closer to us.

Before either of us could decline, the King stepped in.

"This isn't the time nor place to study someone else's pet. You're being rude, Sebastian." His gaze turned harsh as he rebuked him.

"My apologies..." he said, hoping he'd complete the sentence.

"Arthur. Arthur Leywin," he finished, giving a curt bow. As he and his wife gave him a small smile, we took our seats in time to hear the clear voice declaring that the auction would start soon.

A cold shiver made me turn back just to see Sebastian, who had taken off his hood, staring intently at Sylvie, who was nestled on Arthur's lap.

He might be a lot more troublesome than we expected.

'That's for damn sure. I'll take over if things get that far.'

Thing's probably will, considering the way this asshole's gawking at Sylvie.