"Why didn't you believe me earlier?" He asked holding her tighter.

Sneha slowly came out of the hug.

"Because love is selfless. I am not a philosopher but this is the one thing that I am sure of. I was too blinded by my own fears to see the depth of your feelings for me. But, the way you cared for my family...the way you helped me, despite knowing that I won't come back to you...without expecting anything in return...This has made me realize that you really do love me. Only I was too scared to accept it." She explained.

Viraj gently wiped the bottom of her left eye as a small tear escaped.

"Why are you crying?" He asked.

Sneha chuckled lightly at her own naivety in not being able to control herself.

"Remember the day when you asked me about what kind of husband I want?"

He nodded while returning his hand back to her waist.

"I have always wanted to have someone who would truly and unconditionally love me. The way you didn't leave me at my toughest moment...the way you made sure I had my meals on time...even forced me to take care of myself...the way you kept yourself updated about my health and wellbeing through Keshav...all of this without asking for anything from me...even ignoring me to honour your last promise to me...All this has made me realize that I was wrong about my perception of your feelings towards me. You were right when you said that I'd come back to you." She said emotionally and he listened patiently.

"You know what I remember the most from our conversation in the hospital?" He asked.

She raised her brows for him to continue.

"You had said that if my love for you is true, then the entire universe will make you come back to me. That is why I was so sure that it will be you who would come to me." He said.

Sneha couldn't help but smile a little.

"Maybe it really is the work of the universe. Perhaps this is why the accident had to happen and you came just in time to help me. Wait a minute..." Sneha's brows furrowed as she pondered over it.

"How did you know about the accident so quickly?" She asked.

Viraj froze for a moment. The truth will make her angry, he knew.

"Viraj?" She asked again.

"I love it when you speak my name like that." He said out of nowhere.

"Why are you changing the topic? Don't tell me...You...You were..."

"Yes, I was. I had always kept an eye on you through your bodyguards." He confessed still holding her strongly in fear of her running away again. She didn't step back though.

Sneha sighed.

"I don't know if I should be angry at you or be thankful about it!" She mumbled while looking at his chest.

"Don't be angry." He said innocently which immediately melted her heart.

"But I don't understand why would you still hire guards for me! We..."

"Why wouldn't I? Your safety is of utmost importance to me. You are my wife, after all!"

It was Sneha's time to freeze now. It was the second time in the night that he referred to her as his wife.

"We had divorced months ago, Viraj." She reminded him.

Viraj looked at her and finally took a deep breath.

"Come with me." He said and pulled her into his bedroom.

Sneha silently followed him and entered the room she had only once visited. However, as soon as she entered the room, her eyes got stuck on the huge photo frame that hung elegantly on the wall behind the king-sized bed. It was their wedding photo...the only photo for which she had smiled. The smile was forced and she could clearly see it. Viraj looked in the direction she was seeing.