Chapter 5

Sneha stared at Viraj in confusion. Why was he asking her to enter his car? Were there any other questions still left? She wondered.

"Why?" She asked directly as she kept her gaze shifting between him and the car.

"I will drop you home." He answered.

"Oh!" She sighed in relief and then quickly added. "It's alright though. I will take the taxi from the main road." She replied honestly as she had planned to take the taxi and pay the driver when she reaches home.

"I wasn't asking." He stated in a serious tone.

Her mouth fell in surprise. She quickly recovered and framed a reply to his arrogant one.

"Neither was I." She answered arrogantly in the same tone and started walking. He had no right to talk to her like that. She concluded.

Viraj's brows scrunched and he opened the car's door to come out.

"I don't think I like your attitude." He warned her in a serious tone.

She wanted to say 'Me neither', but refrained. Thus, she continued to walk while ignoring him.

A huge mistake; because Viraj hated being insulted.

He took out his gun and shot exactly behind her feet. The sound echoed in the vacant road and her heartbeat escalated. She slowly turned around to see where he shot. Looking below, she saw the bullet hole on the pavement just in front of her. The bullet could have hit her!

She looked at him in fear while he continued to stare at her with a grim expression.

"Get in the car. Now." He stated.

She didn't need to be told twice now. Keeping her gaze fixed on the gun, she walked towards the car and sat in the backseat. Viraj would have preferred her sitting next to him, but he didn't complain.

Getting back to the driver's seat, he started the engine.

"When I ask you to do something, you are expected to do it." He simply stated, as if it was a normal thing.

Sneha looked at him weirdly. But, to save her life, she merely nodded. He had a gun after all!

"Answer in words." He commanded while glancing at her through the interior rearview mirror.

"Yes." She said gently to not anger him further.

The drive was silent for a while before he spoke again.

"If you are in Ananya's class, then you must be 25 or 26 years old." He asked which came like a statement.

"Yes." She answered, confused by his question. Sure, he had not asked her date of birth during the interrogation. But, how was this question relevant, she wondered.

"25 or 26?" He asked specifically.

"25." She answered and he nodded.

"What are you studying?" He asked.

She answered his question as she thought he still doubted her intentions. And, she didn't want him to doubt her for saving Ananya.

"Geography." She answered.

He nodded as if deep in thought.

"Ananya studies History. How do you both share the same class of EVS?" He asked.

"There are three optional subjects in the master's course. EVS, sports, and art. Coincidently, we both took EVS. So, we share the optional class." She explained.

"Why didn't you take sports or arts?" He asked.

She sighed. He still doubted her, she confirmed.