Chapter 46

With a confused frown on his face, Viraj answered the call in front of Sneha.

"Nupur." He greeted in his usual tone.

Sneha watched Viraj's expression periodically and desperately wondered what Nupur was saying from the other side. She really hoped Nupur would in some way convince Viraj to marry her.

"Viraj...My mother said that...you want to break the engagement...Why, Viraj?" Nupur slurred making him realize that she was drunk.

Rubbing his forehead lightly, he answered.

"Nupur, let's talk tomorrow." He instructed.

"No, Viraj!" Nupur contradicted quickly in a high tone. Viraj's brows automatically raised in surprise. This was the first time she had probably talked to him in this tone.

"What did you say?" He asked in a strict tone. Hearing his voice, even Sneha felt uncomfortable.

"You need to tell me the truth! Why are you breaking the engagement? We love each other!" Her voice choked by the end.

"Let's talk tomorrow, Nupur. You are not in your right mind now." He repeated while ignoring her confession.

"Please, Viraj. Don't leave me. My father's no more and I don't know what will happen to me now. I am all alone! Don't leave me, please! I am begging you." She cried and her voice indicated her sorrow and desperation.

Viraj took a deep breath and glanced at the girl sitting in front of him who looked just as confused as he was earlier. Seeing Viraj's eyes on her, Sneha quickly looked away.

"Where are you?" He finally asked. Sneha looked up to him with hope clear in her eyes. She understood that their meeting was about to end as Viraj was going to meet Nupur. She couldn't be happier.

"I am at your house. But, the watchman is not letting me in!" She complained.

Viraj sighed.

"Tell him to take you to the hall. I'll be there in an hour." Viraj said.

Nupur nodded and Viraj quickly cancelled the call. Facing Sneha, he gave her an apologetic glance.

"I am sorry, Sneha. But, we will have to cut short our meeting. I have to sort out this issue before Nupur creates more drama." He said as he grazed her cheek gently with his knuckles.

Sneha didn't care about why he was going to meet Nupur and that too at this late hour! But the fact that her so-called fiance was going to spend this ungodly hour with his ex-fiance did bother her. It made her question Viraj's loyalty. Not that she cared about it either. Or did she!

So, she nodded slowly with pursed lips. And, as soon as she expressed her permission, Viraj took the liberty to close the distance between them to entwine their lips again. The small action took her by surprise again as she wasn't expecting it. Why was he kissing her so frequently! She wondered. She had never thought of him as a 'lust-driven' man!

Coming out of the kiss, Viraj pecked her nose and looked at her closed eyes.

"I now understand what addiction feels like." He mumbled while referring to his intense desire to keep on kissing and touching her. However, she didn't understand the meaning. So, she kept her gaze fixed on his chest.

"Come. Let's go before this gets intense." He lightly chuckled at his own train of thoughts. So, Sneha quickly dragged herself out of the bed and stood up.

.

.

.

Viraj skillfully parked the car in front of her little house.