Chapter 41

{Hi, everyone!

Please note that I update every Friday by night. I am extremely sorry for not being able to reply to your texts. I have been and still am very much occupied with work. I hope you understand...Thank you!}

.

.

.

Viraj could sense from his father's tone that he wasn't very happy to see him. He looked at his watch and sighed. He will have to skip the meeting after all.

"Papa. Sit." He said as gently as he could.

Dev quickly sat on the chair and threw the question to his son. He was obviously disappointed in him.

"What nonsense are you brewing in your mind? Why did you ask me to break the engagement between you and Nupur?" Dev asked in a pissed off tone.

Viraj sighed before replying.

"It was you who initiated this relationship. So, it must be you who should break it off." Viraj merely replied.

"But why do you even want to do this? Nupur is the perfect one for you, Viraj!" Dev tried to convince him as he did many years ago.

"I don't want to marry her. I want to marry..."

"I don't care what you want. I want thousand of things, but I can't get everything! I am telling you what is best for you, son. Marry her." Dev said sternly.

Viraj, however, remained adamant. He knew what he wanted. He had denied it enough, not anymore.

"I will marry Sneha." He clarified without beating around the bushes.

Dev became speechless after hearing it. The confusion was clear in his eyes.

"Who?" He asked.

"Sneha. Ananya's friend."

"The one who attended the stupid birthday party?" He asked to confirm.

"Yes."

"Have you lost your mind?" Dev asked angrily as soon as Viraj nodded.

"Don't shout, father. And, I am very well aware of my mind. I will marry Sneha, and I want you to come with me to her house to ask her parents for her hand in marriage." Viraj informed firmly.

Dev glared at his son.

"The hell I will! That girl will bring not even a single penny to you! She has no background, no reputation and absolutely no class. How will she be the perfect daughter-in-law of my family?" Dev asked as if stating the fact.

Viraj was prepared for this question.

"I'll teach her." He said, even though knowing that it will be difficult. His fireball had the habit of doing the exact opposite of what he told her.

"Do you want a wife or a student?" Dev asked.

"I just want her." Viraj insisted.

And it was true! He wanted her to be near him always. He missed her even now. He wanted to at least listen to her voice or just see her from afar. He wanted to touch her again so badly, kiss her, and do all those dirty things with her that he had only seen as an adolescent. But, she wasn't even responding to his calls. He had tried calling her multiple times since morning, but her phone continuously came as 'busy'. She had not even replied to the text message that he had sent last night. And then this news that her father brought! He had decided to meet her in the college in the evening.

He was irritated and his own father was testing his patience.

"This is insane, Viraj! You are not thinking about your future or your family!" Dev tried to explain politely when Viraj abruptly interrupted in frustration.