Chapter 7

Sneha turned to her left and looked at Viraj in confusion.

"Why is he calling you?" Jyoti almost whispered in surprise.

"I have got no idea!" Sneha answered as she tore her gaze from Viraj and looked at her friend.

"I think you should go. He is calling you and it would be useless to ignore him. I will wait for you here." Jyoti whispered in her ear.

Sneha took a deep breath and walked in his direction.

'Are there any more questions left for his weird interrogation?' She wondered.

"Sneha." Viraj greeted when she stood in front of him.

"Hello, bhaiya." She greeted back, with a little hesitancy.

Viraj closed his eyes in irritation for a second as he heard the endearment 'bhaiya'.

"Call me Viraj." He corrected her.

She narrowed her eyes in confusion again.

"But, you are Ananya's brother and elder than me." She reasoned.

"In that way, I would be the brother of half of the world's population. And, I am definitely not your brother." He asserted.

She looked at the ground momentarily as she misinterpreted his statement. She thought he didn't want to have any kind of relationship with her which is why he asked her to call him by his name.

"Okay." She mumbled as she looked up at him again.

"My men were tracking you for a week. And they have found absolutely nothing against you. So, I believe you saved Ananya with good intentions." He stated in his usual flat and emotionless tone and could see her sigh in relief.

But, she didn't throw any sarcastic comments. Right now, she just wanted to go back to Jyoti.

"So, as her elder brother, I want to thank you." He added.

She looked up at him again with wide eyes. Viraj Khatri wanted to 'thank' her! This is an achievement. So, she slightly smiled.

"You are welcome." She replied and then turned around to escape.

"So, when are you free for lunch?" He asked quickly and she stopped again. Looking at him in uncertainty, she asked.

"What?"

"Lunch." He asked again while maintaining eye contact with her.

"I...I don't understand." She said as she turned completely to face him.

"I want to treat you to lunch." He elaborated.

Her heartbeat fastened. She did not want to go on lunch or anywhere with him. He was in the mafia for heaven's sake. And, she had no intention to spend any time with a criminal, especially in private! God knows what he is capable of, she wondered.

She gulped before replying.

"It's completely fine. You have said 'thank you' and that is sufficient for me." She said in a low tone so that he won't take it as an insult.

It was his time to narrow his eyes at her.

"I wasn't asking." He said.

She looked at him in frustration this time. She hated his arrogance.

'He can't get what he wants every time!' She thought.

However, she also remembered what happened the last time she gave him a snarky reply. He had threatened her with a gun. She wondered if he carried a gun like the last time!