Chapter 24

Sneha knew she had a crush on Gaurav. But, she also knew her limits. She would never engage, in any way, with a man who was involved in illegal works. And, no matter how sweet and handsome Gaurav was...or appeared to be, he was one of them.

So, she wasn't surprised when she realized that there was absolutely nothing that she felt when Shruti told her about the relationship between Gaurav and Natasha. Instead, she felt happy for both of them. The way Gaurav looked at Natasha made every girl drool. He had a constant smile on his face. And, Sneha was happy for him. She could easily tell how much he loved Natasha.

Sneha looked at Natasha from top to bottom. She was wearing a green coloured chikankari suit and a pair of silver stilettos which looked amazing on her fair complexion. Sneha appreciated her look. Natasha was the only one wearing ethnic at the party and she was killing it!

Natasha soon walked in their direction to greet everyone. She shared greetings with Tina, Nupur and Shruti. However, she narrowed her brows in confusion when she looked at Sneha and Jyoti.

"Natasha, meet Jyoti and Sneha. Guys, she is Natasha...Gaurav's girlfriend." Ananya quickly made the introductions.

"Oh! She is Sneha." Natasha said as she looked at Gaurav for confirmation. Gaurav had told her about Sneha and how Viraj couldn't resist going near her. Even she was excited to meet this intriguing girl who had caught Viraj's attention!

Sneha's smile faded a little and Jyoti became confused too. She spoke just like Viraj's father.

"It's so nice to meet you, Sneha and Jyoti. Ananya told me about her new friends. I am sorry we couldn't meet earlier." Natasha spoke formally while Sneha and Jyoti sat there dumbstruck. Natasha was obviously elder than both of them, with a lot more confidence and better social skills.

"Uhh...yes! It's good to meet you too." Sneha answered on behalf of Jyoti as well.

Sneha wanted to ask Natasha, why she especially confirmed her name from Gaurav. But she kept her curiosity to herself. It wasn't good to throw the question so soon. Perhaps later, she thought.

Sneha noticed Gaurav exiting the dining hall while Natasha brought herself a plate full of salad. And, it kind of reminded her of the lunch she had with Viraj.

"Your dress looks amazing, Natasha!" Tina complimented as they all resumed eating.

"Thank you, Tina! I came here directly from the shoot. I couldn't get time to go back home and change clothes." Natasha explained.

"Oh! For what brand are you modelling right now?" Tina further asked.

"SinStar. It is Viraj's friend's new venture. I still can't believe Viraj recommended me despite hating me to the core." Natasha chuckled.

"You are his best friend's girlfriend. What did you expect." Shruti interrupted.

"It's not just that. Bhai really appreciates your work." Ananya added.

"As if I don't know! If Gaurav wasn't in the picture, he would have let me starve in this world!" Natasha joked again.

Sneha and Jyoti felt out of place again while they heard their conversation. So, they began their own conversation.

After they all had food to their stomach's full, everyone walked back to the main hall. It was going to be a typical get-together session now. Those who met less frequently or stayed abroad got the perfect chance to relax on the sofa and talk about their lives. Sneha, Jyoti, Shruti and Tina did the same. They sat on one of the sofas and talked about each other and college.

Sneha noticed how Ananya and Nupur talked to one of Ananya's cousins in the corner and Viraj was nowhere to be seen, just like he was absent in the dinner hall. She wondered if he even ate anything!