Leaving

Avery p.o.v.

Well here I am again sitting in the back of a cop car, the car stops as we pull up to the station.The cop comes around the car and opens my door, pulling me out quite aggressively might I add.We go into the familiar building that I know all to well I could practically lead myself where they needed me.Before I know it we are at a door that leads to a little office, the aggressive cop that was handling me shoves me into a chair.

"A little aggressive don't you think big boy?"I ask sarcastically.

He scoffs and leaves the room.It feels like hours pass before the door opens, my eyes shoot in the direction of the noise, to reveal my favorite officer Stanley.

"Stan thank god your here that other guy was getting a little to rough for my liking." I groan

"Be quite Avery"Stanley says coldly which catches me off guard, i do as I was told not wanting to cause the man more issues than I already have.

"look Avery your over 18 now I cant keep protecting you I did the best I could." he sighs.

"so what now I go to jail?"I ask as my heart sinks my stomach.

"No, i got you a place in a boys home its your last chance Avery use it wisely."he says.

A boys home like some institution where they boss me around all the time and use me for labor or some shit like that? No thank you.I stare at him blankly before laughing.

"your kidding right?" I ask in-between laughing "No Avery I am not joking now get up we are going to grab your belongings.".

What? he has to be joking right? "Now Avery its a long drive now get up."he says in a harsh tone.I get up and walk over to him.I think this may have been my quickest trip to the police station...

We roll up to my crapy apartment complex, the car stops in the little parking lot.Stan comes around and leads me to my apartment.

We stop at my door where he unhooks my handcuffs, thank god the other cop put them on way to tight."You get 30 minutes at most, get your stuff then come right back out ill wait right here so don't try anything funny it will only make things worse."I nod my head knowing that he wasn't in the mood for my attitude.

I walk into my apartment seeing the mess I left behind made me cringe, theres a nasty smell of liquor and weed all around.i finally make it to my rooms grab the suitcase from under my bed before throwing all my cloths in angrily..wait why am I so mad? I had to have seen this coming I have no right to be angry. 

I am causing all these problems for Stan his job is hard enough right?I really thought me and him could be friends some day and laugh about the good old days when I'm 40 or some shit...but lets face it nobody wants to be friends with a Inconvenience. 

I keep on packing, i have my cloths, toiletries, head phones, I'm nearly done I quickly go into the bathroom under the sink and grab a bag, it has my weed, pills, and the unheathy answer to all my problems my blade.

We've been in the car for about 3 hours now and Stan has yet to let me know where we are going.I stare out the window as I watch the trees race by me, I rest my head on the car door and slowly drift asleep.

 I wake up to Stan shaking me softly, I look around it being dark now other than street lights.I look at the clock on the dash 10:05."What do you want to eat" Stan asks I tilt my head in confusion"Hah?" I reply "It's past there meal time they said to make sure you eat before you arrive, now what would you like?" "i'm not really hungry but I could go for some  diet dr. pepper." I say shrugging "I can do that." he's says calmly before Turing into a McDonalds drive through.As we drive away from the fast food restaurant he hands me the drink, i nod silently to thank him before siping on the drink looking out the window again.

its been about 30 minutes before we turn into a drive way that leads to a big building.the car stops and Stan gets out of the car, I look around.To be honest I don't know why it's not like ill be here long they'll get sick of me soon and kick me out just like my parents did.

 Stan comes around and opens the door for me to get out before going around to grab my suitcase from the back.I get out legs a little shaky from not being used in over 7 hours."Please Avery don't mess this up" Stan sighs "I won't promise anything." I say coldly taking my suitcase from the olders grip.

He sighs ounce more before leading me to the front door.*Knock knock knock* The sound echoes in my ears before it opens. A tall man with dark hair answers the door, hmm at least its not some grouchy old man."hello you must be Stanley brown?" he asks, his voice is actually quite nice.

"yes I am"Stan replies "And you are?" he asks looking down at me, dose he think i'm dumb or something? I know he already knows."I'm sure you already know it"I scoff Earning a nudge from Stan."Manners." he says coldly "Now its alright, he was right I do already know his name Avery baker." he says smiling at Stan."Well its quite late ill take him from here." he says "Okay thank you, and Avery do not blow this for yourself." he says with worry in his voice and pity in his eyes.

We walk into the house him closing the door after me."since its late you will be meeting the other boys tomorrow at breakfast."He says I nod not in the mood to talk"And you will also be hearing the rules tomorrow."he says before hinting to me with his eyes to follow him.

We walk up a big set of stairs leading to a long wide hallway with lots of doors on each wall. He continues waking before we reach a door he stops and turns to face me. "This will be your room, if you would like we can take you shopping to go get decor or anything else you need." he states with a welcoming smile. Hah cute he thinks ill be staying that long. "Not like it will be needed" I whisper with a smirk "what was that?"he asks.I tell him it was nothing before slipping into the room and closing the door.

After the man leaves I relies he never told me his name, whatever I don't really care.I strip form my shirt before climbing into the queen sized bed that's in the middle of the pretty empty room, but I have my own bathroom which Is nice.I will un pack and stuff tomorrow right now I'm to tired to think even though I've been sleeping all day.

 Hmm I wonder just how long they will be able to handle me before they get fed up I smirk to myself before drifting off to sleep.

Words:1213