Chapter Fifteen: Assure

"Do you think he'll ask you out?" Heidi asks as we eat lunch. I shrug. "Maybe." 

"Well would you say yes?" Wendy is absolutely entraced by this whole situation. I don't think anyone would have ever expected it. 

"Maybe." I repeat, knowing full well the answer is yes. Although I was still worried of his true intentions, I knew I couldn't resist him. I wondered if that was a bad thing. 

"Wow." They say in unison. 

Two days later

The party would be in two days, and still Kenny hasn't asked me to go with him. Although it doesn't bother me much, I still wonder why. 

We've hung out pretty much every day this week, but haven't had the chance to be alone. I didn't know if he was avoiding being alone with me or if it was just circumstance.

The bad thing is that I tend to overthink a lot when I like someone, it has always been a problem for me, which is why I've been single for so long. 

That night, the boys and I go out to eat. Stan and Wendy still aren't exactly on speaking terms so unfortunately she doesn't come along. 

At the restuarant, I sit in between Kenny and Kyle, while Stan and Cartman sit next to each other. Poor guy. 

After ordering, I decide to once again ask Stan about what his plans are for Wendy. 

"Tomorrow night, I'll go to her house wearing something fancy. I'll bring flowers, and her favorite candy. I'll tell her that I'm sorry and she's the only one for me. Then I'll do what Kenny did to you that one time y/n." Stan explains. 

I feel my face burn. "Oh yeah, that sounds good to me." I say with a smile. 

"(Alright Stan!)" Kenny says, reaching across the table to high five him. 

The rest of the boys agree on his plan. I really do think Wendy will like it, I just wish he didn't decide to wait so long. 

"So Kenny.." Cartman folds his hands, looking up and down. "Taking anyone to the dance?" He asks. 

"Very good question Cartman." Kyle says, copying Cartman's folded hands. Stan does the same.

I feel Kenny kick Cartman's leg as hard as he possibly can. 

"You little son of a bitch!" Cartman yells, just as our food arrives. 

Kenny says nothing besides a mere "thank you" to the waiter. 

As we start eating, I quickly change the conversation to who to Kyle will be going with, hoping to steer him in the direction of Heidi. 

However, the second I ask him who he wants to go with, Kenny bursts into laughter. 

I look over at him. "Hey what's so funny?" I ask, crossing my arms. 

"(Nothing, nothing.)" Kenny says through bursts of laughter. He puts his arm around me for a second and whispers in my ear. "You should see what Heidi's doing for the dance." He removes his arm right after. 

"You want to go with Heidi?" I ask Kyle. 

"I don't know! Maybe!" He says, and I can tell he's trying to brush off my question as quickly as possible. 

"Oh yeah go with that slut." Cartman says, rolling his eyes. 

"Dude shut the fuck up!" Kyle screams at him. I say the same. 

"Okay okay calm down you guys." He says. 

That was all talk of the dance that night, except for one thing. 

After we eat, I get up to use the bathroom before going home. As I walk away, I hear Kyle say to Kenny: "Dude what's the problem? Just do it already." 

I smile.