Chapter Twelve: Preparation

Today is Saturday, so I would have nothing to do today. The party is in six days from now, so it would be a good time to go to the mall and get a new dress with the girls. 

I call Wendy and Heidi to ask if they'd want to go today. They both agree, and we'll meet at Wendy's house at 2:30pm. 

I decide to tell them. They don't know that I know that Kenny told me what they told him. Ever since I found out that Kenny can't die, we've kept that whole day a secret. 

I get ready to meet them, as 2:30 rolls around. 

When I get to Wendy's house, I see Heidi has already arrived, and I greet the two, hugging them. We get in the car and go.

Once there, we walk around the mall, searching for the perfect dresses. 

I ask Heidi who she'll be going with to the party. 

"Maybe no one." She says. She seemed sad. I knew she thought Kyle was cute and even sort of liked him. I just didn't know if she'd ever be willing to say that, or if she'd hide her feelings forever. Eric was the main issue here. She knew how he'd react. Maybe it was right that she kept it a secret. Maybe it wasn't. Maybe Kyle felt the same. I nod towards her, signaling that I understood. 

"Wendy, how's everything been going with Stan?" Heidi asks Wendy. She likely wants to change the topic. 

"Fine. We haven't spoken so we can't fight. I'm feeling better about the whole situation." She says, then pauses. "I still want him to talk to me first." 

I sigh.

"What about you y/n." Heidi asks me. I instantly start smiling. 

"Woah y/n! You're blushing." She stops in her tracks, now facing me instead of walking beside me. Wendy does the same, smiling. 

"Who is he?" Heidi asks, then glances over at Wendy. "You know?" She asks. 

"I sort of figured it out." Says Wendy, still smiling. 

I smile. "I think Kenny is cute, and I guess I even like him a little." 

Heidi gasps. "No way!" Her shock turns to a hug. "That's great y/n." 

"It is? Why?" 

"Because you two would be so cute together!" She says, excited. 

"Well, there's actually more to know." I say as we begin walking again. I tell them what I can. I tell them about the moment at Stark's pond and the way Kenny glanced at Kyle. 

The other stuff, well that's a secret between Kenny and I. 

"He likes you y/n!" Heidi exclaims. Wendy nods in agreement. "Definitely."

"How can you think that? He's the biggest player in the school!" I say. 

"Doesn't mean he can't develop feelings for you. Maybe you're just the type of girl for him. He sees something different in you. It happens to everyone." Heidi explains. 

I guess she was right. It could be possible. I just didn't want myself getting hurt. 

As we walk we finally find a store that we think would fit our style. 

We try on dresses, as many as we can. 

Wendy gets a short purple dress, it's a square neck, long sleeved dress, coming down to her mid-thighs. The sleeves have sparkles on them and the back is lace tied.

Heidi, a mid-length pink dress with thin straps that comes with a cardigan. The dress is simple, it comes down to just under her knees and the top is more circular. 

And for me, I buy a beautiful y/f/c dress that shapes me perfectly. I feel like I'm a princess in a party dress. 

The girls think it's absolutely beautiful. 

"Kenny will love it." Wendy says in amazement.