Chapter One: Home

After years of being away from my home city, my family and I were finally moving back to the place I knew my heart belonged: South Park, Colorado. I had moved away in middle school, and would finally be coming back to spend my senior year of high school with my old friends and classmates. 

Most of all, I missed my best friend who had passed away just one week before I left. Kenny McCormick. He was funny and got along well with everyone, and he had a side of him that not many people got to see. He was strong, heroic, and cared about his sister more than anyone in the world. I wonder how she's been doing since his death. 

I've told no one that I was coming back to South Park, and I can only imagine how my friends will react. When I get to school tomorrow, I'll act as if nothing happened. I'll walk in as if I never left. I've always loved surprises, so why not give one? 

The next day, I get ready. I wear a typical jeans and a nice shirt and go on my way. I make sure to miss the bus as I'm certain Stan, Kyle and Eric will have been there already. I want to walk into the classroom like it's nothing. 

As I walk towards the school, I feel the nervousness coming on. My heart is fluttering and my hands are hot. The huge smile on my face hides nothing, and since this is such a small town, I know everyone would recognize me. 

I enter the building and walk towards the classroom door. As I enter, I am still beaming like a light. "Good morning teacher". I say as the teacher smiles back at me, as my mom had told him my plan. 

"No fucking way." I hear a familiar voice say. "Dude you're joking," says another. "Surprise guys!" I shout and Stan and Kyle run towards me, embracing me for the first time in years. "What are you doing here?" they both ask, nearly synchronously. "Haven't you heard? I live here now!" I nod, proudly. 

"No fucking way". Kyle repeats.

"Okay class, back to your seats. Let's all welcome y/n back and get to the lesson." He says with a quick smile. 

I sit in my old usual spot and the lesson begins. 

I can already feel the difference without Kenny.