Chapter Seventeen: Now

"Jesus Christ dude!" Kyle yells as we see Clyde wipe the blood from his mouth. He studies his hand for a second, and then looks back up at Kenny, returning the hit.

I watch as Stan tries to pull Kenny back from Clyde, and as the crowd now surrounding us begins to grow, I see as Craig makes his way closer to us from behind Butters. "What the hell!" Says Craig, who then attempts to break up the fight as well.

Unfortunately for Clyde, Kenny is a lot stronger than Stan, and so Kyle and Eric have to get involved as well, eventually pulling the two away from each other.

Kenny, who barely has a scratch on him, says nothing as he watches Clyde.

Clyde then stands up.

"Fuck you dude!" He yells, covering what will soon be a bruise on his cheek.

Craig follows him, simply flipping us all off and leaving towards the front door.

"Oh you sure fucked it now." Cartman says to Kenny.

N-now, that wasn't cool." Says Butters and I agree. Butters and I then follow after Clyde and Craig to find them sitting on the front steps.

"Are you okay?" I ask Clyde, sitting beside him. He looks towards me, seemingly angry, but then the anger fades to confusion.

"Yeah I'm alright" He sighs. "Any reason why your friend did that?" He asks.

I don't respond.

"If there's something between you guys one of you could've just said it." He said, sniffling a bit.

Clyde Donovan was known to cry and I was really hoping he didn't right now. Luckily, Butters whispers to me that he'll take it from here, and allows me the clear to go back inside.

I open the door and see Kenny and the boys in the same spot they were in when I went outside. "Kenny!" I yell. 

"Oh he's so fucked now." Cartman laughs. 

I grab Kenny's hand and drag him out the back door. 

I place my hands on my hips ."What the fuck was the point of that Kenny?"

"(I didn't like the way he was talking to you!)" He retorts.

"He wasn't 'talking' to me in any way! He knew I was single, and Butters was just trying to help him out a bit." I say. Right now, Kenny sounded silly to me. We weren't dating, and pretty much no one knew about our kiss, so it made no sense that this could be Clyde's fault.

He is silent for some time. Now instead of yelling, my voice lowers. "Kenny, it's no ones fault but your own. How were they supposed to know?" I ask. 

After a while, he sighs. "(You're right.)" He says, although he sounds mildly sarcastic. 

"Thank you." I say, glad that he came to his senses. 

He then asks me if we can just go back to the party and talk about this later. I agree, smiling. As we walk back inside he offers me his hand. 

I grab it, not hesitating for a second. 

We walk back into the living room together and rejoin with our friends. 

Kyle and Heidi are sitting next to each other the couch. Wendy is sitting on the arm of the couch while Stan stands beside her. On Kyle's other end is Cartman, who is looking pissed off.  

We approach them. "What happened with Clyde?" I ask Kyle. 

"Pretty sure he went home." He shrugs. 

"Okay.. and Heidi how's everything going here?" I ask. This is my way of asking her how Kyle and her can be so close to each other and Cartman is fine. 

Instead of asnwering, she gives me a look with her eyes, glancing over at Cartman. 

I laugh. If things went further between Kyle and Heidi, it would be his karma. 

Then, Stan notices Kenny's hand intertwined with mine. "Oh no way dude you did it?" 

Kenny smiles his slick smile. "(Not yet.)" 

Then, in the rush of it all, he turns to face me and grabs my other hand. Before I can react, he pulls me close to him and kisses me, something I didn't realize I missed. 

Everyone is shocked. Wendy and Heidi squeal with joy. I hear Kyle say "finally" as Stan laughs. 

Kenny breaks the kiss. Even a pissed off Cartman still look surprised. 

Kenny then waves his hand toward the boys, signaling them to be quiet. 

"(I think you know where this is going.)" He says to me. I couldn't possibly smile more right now, so I just nod. 

"(Y/n, I like you, and I want you to be my girlfriend.)"

I pull myself back to him and kiss him once more. "I'll be your girlfriend." I say. 

"YES! FINALLY!" I hear Wendy yell. 

Stan and Kyle get up and high-five Kenny.

"Nice job." Cartman suprisingly says. 

I'm still smiling more than I have in a long time. I want us to always be here for each other. This night was one of my favorite nights. We dance, sing, and the place is really full of love. It was a moment like this that I was glad to be home. South Park, Colorado. Where I knew my heart belonged. 

"Wow Kenny you finally got a girlfriend." Kyle jokes. 

"Yeah and maybe you should try and get one too." Kenny replies, putting his arm around me. 

The night seems to go by in five minutes. Poor Clyde had to get punched in the face for me. I would see him tomorrow and try to fix things. Hopefully he wasn't too upset. 

That night, Kenny insists on walking me home. He tells the others to go. 

We walk, hand in hand again. I feel my heart rushing still. 

He walks me right up to the door. "Goodnight y/n." He says, kissing me once more. "Goodnight." I reply. 

I have a huge smile on my face the rest of the night.