Epilogue: The Boy

Eclipse clicked across his screen, scrolling through file after file. Beside him, in a USB port, was a white USB with tints of rainbow reflecting off its surface. The professor team gave him quite the trouble. He was so close to getting the USB— and when he finally got his hands on it, Axel just had to break it.

Luckily for him, it wasn't entirely damaged, so it was still fixable. However, there was another problem after that— the USB required a special USB port to access the information— which meant he had to go through all the trouble to replicate a port which would fit it.

And then there was a password, because why wouldn't there be? It took him quite some time to bypass the system to gain access to the information, only to find out that all the files were gone.

The young wannabe professor had certainly given him the slip. The USB must've been rigged with a coded system to manually delete all the information stored in it when in an emergency.

They do have talented people on their team as well. This kind of work... it must've been the genius inventor Clemont.

So he had to attempt to recover some files, a near impossible task that took him until now to do. Even so, he was only able to recover a small fraction of what was originally in there. Still, it was better than nothing.

Meanwhile, while Rody was supporting him on the technicalities, Teo's team was on the hunt for Axel. The boy was certainly a thorn in his plans, and while he did want to get rid of him, he also wanted to try to make him join his side— which obviously did not work out. For now, he'll just be toying with him and keeping him on the edge by sending Teo on his tail.

According to Delilah, Team Omega were starting to go on the move as well— sharing a common target— Axel.

As it seems, both sides perceived Axel as the greatest threat on the battlefield, which honestly, Eclipse would agree with. At the very least, we need to keep him away from the professor team or any of his companions. If there's anyone who can find any crucial new intel, it'd be him.

So far, things had been going in Eclipse favour (except for the USB). Axel had isolated himself completely, as it seems, even going as far as ditching Luna, which was certainly surprising news for him to hear. That said, it was a smart decision on Axel's behalf. Axel himself was capable of fending of Teo's entire team, but if Luna were to be brought into the equation, things would likely not have gone his way. Afterall, Luna was his weakness, and by exploiting that and using her as a threat, Axel could be easily taken care of. The memory of the boy's powerless face as he sacrificed himself to protect her brought a smile to his face.

Teo, although rash, was smart enough to listen to his advice and avoid direct confrontation with Axel. So far, he had been taking a backseat to the Axel apprehending operation, sending his grunts after the boy to maintain pressure on him instead. Meanwhile, he played the game of 'finding Luna', which was certainly a hard task given how Axel had maintained his distance from her.

In the end, Luna is the key to getting our prize. Who would've thought?

Eclipse wasn't even sure whether he should consider this coincidence a stroke of luck or not— for his daughter to escape his control and get this close to his greatest enemy.

"Teo, reporting in. We've located Luna. Your orders?"

Eclipse cracked a smile as he tapped his fingers along his desk. He loved playing a strategic game like this.

"Go for Axel and have your revenge. Rody will take care of the rest."

Luna hesitated as Rody threatened to hurt Gogo. Poppie positioned itself in front of Luna, determined to protect her if anything. Facing off against a group of Team Alpha grunts plus Rody, they had little to no chance of winning

"Stay right there and don't you dare move, okay?" Rody grinned as their Pokemon all positioned around Luna, ready to attack.

A strange crackle in the air.

Bttz pop pop pop bttz.

The Alpha grunts' earpieces all went haywire. They looked at each other in confusion.

Rody let out an annoyed 'tch', as Luna looked around cautiously as well, ready for anything.

"Get her," Rody flicked his finger, and two of the grunts' Houndoom pounced at Luna, claws outstretched as orbs of fire formed in their throats.

"You're mine!" One of them cackled ready to sink its fangs into her.

Frightened, Luna angled her arms in front of herself with a scream.

A powerful lightning strike descended from the sky, scorching the ground in front of her.

Before anyone could comprehend what was happening, a quick flash knocked the two Houndoom off its feet, shredding the net containing Gogo in the process and freeing it.

A twinge resonated in Luna's brain.

Fury.

"Stay right there and don't you dare move," an all too familiar voice said coldly.

Luna turned to her left to see a black figure step in, a hood covering his face.

"You've finally come," Rody grinned as the boy lowered his hood.

"A—Axel—" Luna wasn't shocked by his sudden arrival— but more so by his appearance. His messy dark brown hair was tied up in the back in a small, low ponytail. Instead of his usual outfit, he wore a black poncho, and even more so, he looked tired and beat up, with obvious dark circles under his eyes and visible scratches on his face and hands.

He didn't even bat an eye at Luna. His abyssal black eyes were locked onto Rody in an intense glare.

A flash of turquoise and black.

"Behind," Axel said before Luna could even warn him of the sneak attack from Rody's Marowak.

A shadow passed her with a blur, electricity crackling around it as it raised its fist, slamming Marowak down to the ground by its skull.

"Was that supposed to catch me off guard?" Axel asked as the feline with creamy yellow fur kicked the unconscious Marowak back to Rody in a display of strength. Blue streaks of electricity crackled around its fists as it returned to Axel's side, a dangerous glimmer in its cyan eyes— it was furious.

It was Luna's first time seeing Zeraora in action, and she was shocked by how agile and powerful it was.

All of Team Alpha's Pokémon flinched, pressurized by the overwhelming presence of the unstoppable duo as Axel made his declaration of victory:

"Come get me, you scumbags."

Author's notes: We have reached the end of vol 3! Woah! Isn't this impressive? Right after my maths diploma on Friday, I ended up with a sore throat

Author's notes:
We have reached the end of vol 3! Woah! Isn't this impressive? Right after my maths diploma on Friday, I ended up with a sore throat. I've been coughing my head off ever since. Coughing like there's no tomorrow in the middle of a social exam which takes place in a gym with like a hundred+ people is certainly not fun.

Anyways. Read on for some special announcements! They're worth it! I swear!