85. Alternate Pespective

"You know, if you want to reach Pokemon Village, you'll have to pass through Winding Woods," Wulfric said as he pointed towards an entrance to a snowy forest, "Master is strict about taking students... and his training. The forest's a dangerous place, so you know, better hurry and make it before sunset. Good luck."

Axel and Luna headed into the forest after thanking Wulfric for his help. Despite wearing various layers, Axel was still shuddering through the cold. He glanced around the forest nervously, "it feels like we're being watched."

"Really?" Luna asked, closing her eyes to focus her powers, "I don't hear anything suspicious."

The two continued through the frost covered forest, making through the winding paths thanks to Luna's orienteering and communications skills. With the assistance of a Froslass she quickly befriended, they were able to find their way through the snowy lands rather safely until they ran into some unexpected trouble.

"A blizzard," Luna noticed, stopping Axel, "the Pokemon are panicking. It's coming our way."

A... blizzard...? Axel took a step back, eying his surroundings. This is bad. We're out in the open.

"Look out!" He pushed Luna behind a nearby boulder as a raging cloud of frost came blasting through the trees. The two tumbled into the snow as the icy gust roared past them.

Axel sat up with a wince, brushing the snow off his down jacket, "sorry," he apologized, "are you alright?"

Luna nodded, "thanks."

"This is bad, isn't it..." he frowned, peeking out, "we can't get through like this."

But I have to find a way to, Axel dug his fingers into the snow, I want to get stronger. Learning from someone might be the answer.

"Stay here," Axel said, picking up his cap which was blown off his head earlier.

"Don't be reckless," Luna grabbed his sleeve, "I'll go with you."

Axel shook his head, "it's too dangerous."

Luna rolled her eyes: as if she couldn't take care of herself— Axel was the one constantly getting himself into trouble, all while telling her things like 'be careful'.

A glint caught Axel's eye as he looked around. He crouched down to observe a small icy shard, picking it up and holding it up to the sunlight, "An ice scale?"

That must mean... Axel turned around to see a giant white moth hovering behind him, flapping its giant wings furiously. Axel scrambled out of the way as it fired an Aurora Beam at him.

We're in Frosmoth territory!

"Frosmoth! The Frost Moth Pokémon!" His phone chirruped as it tumbled out of his pocket, " An Ice and Bug type! A Frosmoth's wings can reach temperatures lower than -290 degrees fahrenheit! It shows no mercy to those who desecrate its territory and will create blizzards to chase offenders away!"

"That's... one giant Frosmoth!" Axel shouted as its shadow loomed over him, "Calm down! We uh... we come in peace? We're just passing by!"

Frosmoth let out an angry screech, flapping its wings to create another Blizzard that raged through the area.

Luna— Axel pulled out his Pokeballs, positioning himself between the two, "now you've done it!"

Strategically, Frosmoth is 4x weak to a Fire type like Yako. However, spreading heat will melt the snow and make the wild Pokémon uncomfortable... But I can't let Frosmoth go loose here. The blizzards will endanger wildlife, and I still have to get through here!