97. Beginning of the End (Part 2)

Kira had been carefully tailing her Banette. She was getting it treated after their gym battle, while all of a sudden, it suddenly snapped and walked off by itself. She soon received a call from Officer Jenny, who notified her about the situation. Apparently, her Banette wasn't the only Pokémon affected.

As gym leader, Kira had to fulfill her responsibilities, which included protecting the townspeople. With that, she sneakily followed her Pokémon, hoping to find the cause of this strange phenomenon, and was shocked to see a giant group of Pokémon gathering around the city square.

On one hand, she should do something, but on the other, battling that hoard didn't seem wise.

"Yo."

Someone placed their hand on her shoulder, frightening her as she whirled around to attack them, pulling out her Pokeball.

"Oh, the challenger from earlier..." she recognized the light turquoise haired boy, "uhm... let's see... Kace...?"

Kace scanned his eyes through the city square, his eyes landing on a machine firing a thin streak of light into the sky. They're all gathering around it, so that must be it.

"That is probably what's controlling the Pokémon," he pointed, "and forming the barrier as well."

"Hold up..." Kira tapped his arm shyly, "shh... that Beedrill... it's coming at us. "

Despite the two remaining quiet, the Beedrill located them, slashing its drill-like claws through the bushes. Kira's Dusknoir strangled it, locking the Beedrill in place as it thrashed in its grip in a fury, attacking randomly.

"You two over there," an auburn haired woman with her hair tied up in pigtails said slowly, "you're doing a terrible job of hiding, you know?"

Someone from Team Omega! Kace recognized the crimson cape draped over her shoulders and the smoke-like scarf around her neck. He took a closer look. Those leggings and that hairdo.

I remember her. It's Chelsea!

"Hm, I remember you, boy," Chelsea said, tipping her head, "you were there at that Yveltal raid battle, weren't you? And at the Sundial!"

Kace could still feel a chill down his spine every time he was reminded of the Anistar crisis. What frightened him was not the chaos that both Team Alpha and Omega had caused, but the destruction that Axel caused in the aftermath of that battle as he lost complete control of his powers while in Llade's body. 

It was quite the scene that Axel made back there, even Kace couldn't believe his eyes. The way he moved and the unchanging expression on his face as he unleashed all the power stored in him... it was almost as if he were driven by something else.

For a second. I wondered if that was even Axel I was looking at. How do I put it... it was like he's acting out of character? No... that's not quite it. His desperation in trying to save Luna and Llade is real for sure. It's more like... maybe... that he's gone crazy?

I have no idea.

Kace sent out his Chestnaught, "Bring it on, you asshole," he glared at her, clenching his fists, "You're going down after all that!"

"Battle?" Chelsea hopped off the steps swiftly, "sure! Guarding this machine is boring me out anyways..." she yawned, "but isn't 2 on 1 a bit unfair?"

"Hah? Don't give me that crap. You lot always gang up on people— how is that in any way fair?"

"I guess," Chelsea answered, holding out her wrist and closing one eye, firing two darts at the crowd of around 10 Pokemon.

"What—" Kace turned around, realizing that he got careless. A Charizard and Scizor went beserk, attacking the other Pokémon. Chelsea said something at her wrist, and the two Pokémon snapped to attention, storming off into the city.