67. Partner

Froxel stared up at its trainer worriedly.

They were locked in duel with Team Omega's admin and fellow grunts, whose goal was to capture Hexa, a Zyagrde core, travelling with them. However, their enemies overpowered them with their mega evolved Pokémon.

After pushing Luna down a cliff (Froxel hoped she made it out of that safe) and sending Aburi, Gogo and Yako after her, Axel had done nothing but make more shocking decisions.

This included:

1) sending Pika, a Pichu, and Llade, a Gardevoir, along with Hexa, away as well

2) telling it to retreat to his side

And then he pulled out a seventh Pokeball, sending out a freakishly strong looking Pokemon with dark skin and creamy yellow fur which crackled with electricity and fury.

Just what is happening?

Froxel did not know, but decided to trust its trainer on it. Also, it did not want to anger the powerful looking Pokémon which looked as if it could shred it to bits.

"Listen, Froxel," Axel said as he kept his eyes on his opponents, "if the situation gets dire, run away and stay hidden until Luna or Llade finds you."

"But—" Froxel argued, looking at its trainer's serious face.

"I need you to stay safe and tell our allies about the situation if anything happens. You're the only one other than me who knows of X's location."

Of course the mission would be Axel's first priority. But still, Froxel hoped that he would think more about himself sometimes and not try such risky methods.

Before Froxel can debate further, Axel had his attention back on the situation already. He nodded to the feline-like Pokemon he just sent out, "Let's get this started! Zeraora, Thunder!"

Zeraora. So that thing is called Zeraora. When did Axel even capture it?

Zeraora growled in affirmation as it took a battle stance, its palms surging with plasma.
The sky rumbled, sending a strike of electricity down to their opponents, knocking out the 4 Mightyena and Mega Houndoom right away.

"Tch! Get them!" Marc, one of the admins of Team Omega, ordered as the grunts around him commanded their Pokémon to attack as well.

Axel had his back faced towards Froxel, but it could feel the intensity of his tone.

"Thunder, improved: Thunder Blade."

Faster than a flash, Zeraora dodged out of the way and grabbed the Thunder without a moment to waste. Condensing the humongous amount of energy, it transformed into a sword of electricity in Zeraora's palms. In a swift movement, Zeraora took out Marc's Mega Venusaur and Dustox in one quick strike. The two defeated Pokémon slumped to the ground as the blade shattered.

The two Lycanroc charged at Zeraora from behind with Accelerock, only for the Plasma Pokemon to duck to the side quickly and defeat them with Close Combat the next second. The two Mega Manetric cowered away from Zeraora's display of power. Hesitantly, they charged at Zeraora with Thunder Fang under their trainer's orders.

"That wasn't even enough for a warm up," Axel said. Zeraora took the electric type attack. Its ability, Volt Heal restores HP if hit by an Electric-type move instead of taking damage.

Froxel watched in shock as Zeraora's claws glowed white.

"Slash!"

Flinging the two Manetric off its arm, Zeraora kicked them up to the sky and left deep claw marks on their chests as it struck them down to the ground with ease.