Chapter 45 - Wasted

All I hear is him when my eyes open.

Silas is already up, standing by the window watching over his estate like a King. You can see the way the dull sunlight molds around the outside of his body.

Broad shoulders. Smooth tan skin, and a tattoo I rarely get to see.

My eyes lower on the the wings on his back, and seeing the ridges of muscle, goosebumps rise on my skin. Last night was...intense.

My core still hurts, but its a good pain. A reminder that I'm not dealing with a regular man here.

As if he just knows I'm awake, he turns with his phone to his ear, speaking in low and hushed Italian. I love the sound of his voice when he speaks in his language. I love how fluent he is, how his voice deepens saying certain words.

The blood under my cheeks ignites at his voice, and even more seeing his bare front only covered in tight black shorts.

Silas realises where I'm looking and shuts his phone, holding it in his hands and I pull the sheets over half my face. Busted.

He knits his brows and comes my way, before laying on his stomach on his side of the bed. His eyes grow mellow looking at me and my covered face and he pulls the blanket off it.

A rough laugh erupts from him. "Fuck." He mutters, wiping his face before shaking his head like I'm unbelievable.

"Some Italian you have. Will you ever teach me?"

"When you teach me Spanish."

"Its on. By the way, I'm a fast learner."

His eyes narrow. "Never knew you were competitive."

"I had to fight twenty three cousins at the age of six for a shower before the water ran out. I'm just as competitive as I am ruthless."

"My ass. You were too afraid to hurt me in training, you wouldn't hurt a fly."

"I knocked you down."

"When I was walking away."

My brows lower into almost a scowl. I try grabbing his arm but his reflexes are fast so he holds me down, pinning himself on top of me. "Try and you'll fail." His drawl against my ear puts the pattering of my heart on edge. "Nobody's knocked me down."

"I'll do it one day."

"Yeah, I'll be waiting." His lips press against my ear, and I can hear his rough breaths. "In the meantime." He pulls my earlobe between his teeth. His lips move to behind my ear, and he kisses the spot before moving to my jaw.

My breaths melt into each other, becoming so deep I feel my chest rise against his every second.

"Silas."

Just when I think he'll kiss me like I'm dying for him to do, he pulls back a little before sitting between my thighs.

"Your father is in New York. He wants to meet you."

My father?

My expression gathers. I thought Papa had long forgotten about me, I mean he gave me to Silas was just to get rid of me and now he wants to talk?