Chapter 30 - Same Old Love

~Catalina POV~

It's safe to say New York is exactly the same as it was when we left for Russia. Dull, snowy and so cold, I'm walking like a robot down the stairs of the jet.

It's easy for me to get lost in my own misery and hatred for this weather, but what pulls me out? Leone.

My ex-fiance, standing by the car parked outside the jet watching us approach wearing a dark suit with his tattoo-less hands clasped. He meets my gaze with a distant one, and upon that I remember my purpose here.

I draw nearer to Silas as I walk, wrapping an arm around his and snuggling into it. Silas immediately knows what I'm doing and lets it happen.

When we get to Leone, Silas turns to me with a brush to my cheek. "Sit in the car and put the heater on." His thumb gives me warm flashes all over." I'll be there in a second."

Though I'm astonished by sensations around my body at his touch, I just nod and sit inside. When sinking into my seat I have to sit and fathom the way my heart caves into the thought of his voice. It was so...soft.

God I'm a fool.

Here I am aching to be the focus of his gentle side once again, just as before we got married. But can you blame me?

To be under Silas's attention is like having every aspect of you flawless. He looks at me like nothing in the world can pull his eyes away, and God I want it for real.

But I realise its an act and lower my head. It always was, this time I have to be smarter. That's the only way I'll leave this marriage with my money.

My thought bubble pops when Silas opens his door, but curses and closes it again. I assume he forgot something in the jet so I wait a little, before a figure stands near my window.

Leone.

I lower the glass, shuddering as cold air spills inside and breaks my efforts to warm the car.

He doesn't wait a second before speaking. "Congratulations on the honeymoon to Hawaii."

Honeymoon to...??

Silas. That liar.

"Thanks..." I say awkwardly, wishing he'd leave. "How have you been?"

His hazel eyes flare with a little sour amusement. I can't tell if he wants to laugh or kill me. "Good..after you left me for my cousin."

"I- I didn't know he was your cousin-"

"It doesn't change the fact that you left me for him."

"Okay...I barely knew you."

"You barely knew him." He snaps back,  and looks around before leaning closer to the window. "He doesn't have the right to call you his wife."

For some reason, annoyance makes me scowl. "He does, because I love him."

"You love a monster."

"A monster wouldn't jump near a bomb for me!"

His expression shifts. I don't know why I'm telling him, he saw every moment of the blast that night. He was there.