Chapter 7 - Wedding Bells

~Catalina POV~

Two weeks later...

Silas looks pristine standing at the end of the aisle. His hands clasped, his black hair combed and styled so a few strands purposely curve over his forehead.

He's so handsome. Especially now, standing in a black tux minutes away from being my husband.

I'm guided to the end to the aisle by the pounding of my heart, the smooth violin and his eyes. Distant, rock solid, but like an anchor.

I think about the softness he looked at me with on the rooftop, and how he treats me like he truly cares, and though he seems cold now I can only assume he's just being professional. Once I reach the altar, he takes my hand and helps me up onto the platform.

Mama takes my bouquet, rushes to the side with excitement, and the man assigned to marry us starts to talk.

We say our I do's - me with full conviction - and when its time to kiss...I panic. Silas pulls me close by the waist, moving his lips to mine.

"Wait." I whisper. "I don't want our first kiss to be..." I glance sideways at the crowd of old men sitting watching us. "Public."

Silas blinks with confusion, but then covers my jaw with his hand and moves his mouth to mine. After he plants a long kiss to the corner of my mouth I'm flushed hot and the guests cheer.

He takes my hand in his, and I don't even realise how wide I'm grinning as we walk down the aisle. But I don't want to hide my smile, not today. Because I'm married.

Truly connected and tied to a man who vowed to take care of me for the rest of my life. I might not have trusted him before, but he's my husband now.

I trust him with my all.

The rows of people seated in the outdoor venue are starting to break up, all retreating inside to the wedding hall because of how cold the weather is.

Me and Silas enter the hall before everyone else, a grand space where there are circular tables spread out and a mixture of whites and golds decorating the room.

There's a dance floor in the middle, a buffet, and even an entire section dedicated to desserts. Sadly, I don't taste them in case I stain my dress, but the rest of the evening goes magical.

I'm gleaming and even Silas seems a little different, more relaxed as he speaks to people. His sister and his father however, are so tense its making everyone else uncomfortable. I don't think they like me.

We eat dinner, Mama gives me yet another conversation about the wedding night trying to kill me of embarrassment, before its finally time to leave.

And all eyes are on us, eyes I didn't even know existed.

Young women murmur to each other as Silas takes my hand and leads me towards the exit. Men look me up and down like I'm a disgrace. I'll admit, the staring and the dirty looks do make me wonder what I'm doing wrong, but I don't let it ruin my night.

After a limo ride, flash forward to now. Me in Silas's bedroom, sitting on the king size bed like one puffy cloud waiting for him to return from whatever he had to say to his guard.