55 - Weddings and Old Flames

ابدأ من البداية

Akshara turned towards Abhimanyu, shocked by Kairav's revelation. She knew Abhimanyu had been dork during the time of his heartbreak but she had no idea that between his skinny dork phase to his breathtakingly hot and handsome phase, he also had a chunky monkey phase.

"Yeah, don't think too much. I burnt all my Chunky Monkey phase pictures." Abhimanyu looked at Akshara.

"But I may have some! Let me see if I can find them." Kairav added, peaking Akshara's interest.

"Yes! Yes please." She grinned at Abhimanyu.

"Don't you dare, K! I have dirty pics of you too to show Reem!" Abhimanyu warned his best friend.

"That reminds me, I'll introduce you both to Reem."

Abhinanyu and Akshara followed Kairav towards Reem. They watched as Kairav bent down, gave Reem a kiss on the lips before pointing her towards Abhimanyu and Akshara.

"And this is my best friend, Abhimanyu. Remember I told you about him?"

"Hi, Abhimanyu! Nice to finally meet you! I've heard a lot about you from Kairav!"

"Nice to meet you too!" Abhimanyu replied, smiling.

"And this is Abhimanyu's wife. Akshara." Kairav introduced Akshara to Reem.

"Hi, Akshara!"

"Hi! Nice to meet you. Congratulations for the wedding."

"Thanks! Want to join me? Get your henna done?" Reem asked.

Akshara turned to look at Abhimanyu who nodded his head. "Your choice."

"Yes, I'd love that." Akshara went and sat beside Reem, holding her hand out so the artist could get started on her hand whilst Abhimanyu and Kairav stood a few feet away, simply watching their better halves.

~*~

"I'll be right back." Abhimanyu informed Kairav as he picked up a drink off the counter and walked to where Akshara was sitting getting her henna done.

"Abhi?" She asked, surprised.

Abhimanyu moved the lose strand of hair away from her face, the one he'd witnessed her struggling with and tucked it behind her ears.

"Thanks. It was bothering me since I started getting the henna done." She replied, smiling softly at him.

"Thirsty?"

"A little bit."

Abhimanyu held up the drink to her lips, which Akshara sipped no problem.

"Thanks." Akshara replied, her cheeks flushing at Abhimanyu's care.

"Hungry?"

She shook her head, "Not yet."

Abhimanyu nodded his head and moved away from Akshara and went to join Kairav again.

"What?" Abhimanyu asked when he found Kairav smiling broadly at him.

"It feels nice. To see the Casanova of Mumbai becoming a one woman man. You are whipped with a capital W, bro. But it suits you."

Abhimanyu turned his head towards where Akshara and Reem had now been pulled in to dance by Reem's cousins and friends. A soft smile occurred on Abhimanyu's face as he watched Akshara's face light up as she dipped her hips and swayed to the Bollywood music blaring through the speakers.

She was enjoying herself. Their eyes interlocked as Akshara felt Abhimanyu's gaze locked on her. She could feel him staring at her. She looked up towards him and smiled, her cheeks turning red. Why did he —and the intense way he stared at her make her heart skip a beat?