"Chapter «24» ♡"

Puffy’s been in a tizzy for weeks once she heard that the rings had been approved of.

Dream had almost wished that he and Techno had just gone ahead and eloped that night that they approved the rings. Surely that rage would have been better than this chaos. Cakes and guest lists and outfits all had to be planned and yet Dream and Techno were both just pawns in the grand scheme of Puffy’s perfect wedding for her son. And they were okay with it as long as Puffy was happy and they got to be married at some point. So they complained about it to their friends and to each other, but light heartedly. They both knew that if any of these choices had been left up to them that the whole thing would have been a disaster.

It’s been three days of nonstop planning and Dream needed a break, he loves Puffy but this was all already a stressful event and she was really not helping at all. So here he was, lounging sprawled out across a tree branch probably about ten feet off the ground. The breeze sent leaves scattering down to the forest floor below, the sound of a river nearby nearly lulling Dream to sleep before he hears the distinct sound of footsteps.

“Dream? I know you’re in one of these trees love”

Techno.

Dream sighs, not wanting to leave his nice quiet tree to go back to the chaos of Puffy right now. “Is it time to go back?”

Techno can practically hear the exhaustion in his mate’s voice as he finally is able to figure out which tree Dream is up in. He knows that Dream’s exhausted, he’s exhausted too. “Not yet love, we have a little bit of time. Mind if I join you?”

A soft hum is all the response Techno received so he dropped his weapons at the base next to Dream’s own things before starting to make his way up the tree.

“Did Puffy send you after me?”

Dream’s still sprawled out, face up towards the sun with his eyes still shut. Techno could sit here and look at Dream like this forever. “Yeah she did, something about needing to get your suit fitted, I thought you would wear a dress like last time?”

“That’s the whole reason I didn’t want to wear one. I wore one for my wedding with Fundy and everyone knows how well that went. Maybe I’m superstitious but I didn’t want to go through that again or put our wedding at risk.”

Techno just nods, it makes sense. He remembers when Dream had come back after his encounter with Fundy a few months ago, letting the full story spill from his lips in sobs. That had been a rough couple of days but they eventually were able to help pull each other together. They haven’t talked much about it since. “It’s alright love, I understand. Come on love, let's head back. Just a few more days and this madness will all be over.”

A smile breaks out over Dream’s face, “I can’t wait to be married to you my love”

“I can’t either,” the two smile at one another for a moment, “but if we don’t head back now, Puffy’ll come after us herself”

Dream knew that all the madness would be worth it in the end, and he had been right. The wedding was beautiful. Dream in his sleek white suit and freshly cleaned mask and Techno in his own white version of his typical monarch outfit complete with a stark white cape, both decked out in their courting jewelry.

The ceremony had been beautiful with practically the whole server there, with the most notable absence being Quackity though Schlatt did make an appearance. When they exchanged rings there wasn’t a dry eye in the room, including Dream and Techno.

Here they are now, sitting at a table in the front of the community house watching their friends and family dance and celebrate. Dream takes a sip of his drink before leaning over towards his new husband, “I’m so happy to be married to you my love”

Techno turns to Dream, eyes sparkling with love before pushing Dream’s mask up to reveal his lips. “Me too my love,” he places a soft kiss on Dream’s lips, “me too”

**✿❀ The End~❀✿**