𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏- 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐝🧩

Start from the beginning

"I have to jinnie, it's my first day of school as a freshman, especially in University. I have to show up no matter what, I also promised Jeongin that we could look for our classrooms together, so we don't get lost on our first day."

"Okay, but you'll tell me right away of your not feeling well, right?"

Seungmin couldn't help but smile at his childhood best friend, hyunjin had always cared for him through thick and thin, he really didn't deserve someone like him in his life,

"Of course, jinnie, you'll be the first to know."

Hyunjin smiled and pinched seungmins cheek before heading to his room to get dressed for the day. Leaving seungmin to get lost in his thoughts.

Seungmin had been through a lot this past year, getting into a car accident and being the only sole survivor in your family put a toll on him, mentally and physically.

He was grateful towards hyunjin who offered him to move up to Seattle to live with him so he wouldn't be alone. But still he didn't know how to function anymore, especially the fact that him and his parents were never close to each other, but after their passing, the feeling of regret lingered constantly in his mind.

He quickly pulled himself out of his thoughts and looked at the time, Shit I'm going to be late, he thought as he then set his coffee cup on the kitchen counter and ran towards his room to get dressed for the day.

"Yo minnie are you dressed yet? If we don't leave now jeongin's going to murder, you for being late!" hyunjin yelled out as he grabbed his car keys.

"Coming!" seungmin yelled out as he quickly tied his shoelaces. He then took one final look in the mirror before grabbing his backpack and heading out.

"Minnie, did you grab everything you need?"

"Yeah, lets head out."

As hyunjin was driving, seungmin found himself lost in thought again,

I wish for this school year to go by normally for once, I hope nothing else goes wrong.

But the unfortunate thing was, sometimes we never get what we wished for.

🧩

After hyunjin parked his car, seungmin walked out and noticed how packed the campus was. Some students were running around frantically trying to get to class on time, while others were catching up with their friends about what they did over summer break.

Overall, it made him slightly panic seeing the big crowd, he just hoped to stay quietly in the background all year long, only ever interacting with his two best friends, he just hopes to have a peaceful quiet freshman year.

"You guys are late! Freshman orientation is starting in 5 minutes minnie." Jeongin yelled as he ran over towards the two.

"Sorry innie, mr. zombie here took his sweet time getting up this morning." hyunjin spoke as the three of them started walking towards the gymnasium.

"Whatever, at least we made it and besides it's the first day of school, they'll understand if we're a few minutes late."

"Your always late minnie."

"Shut up jeongin, or I won't buy you lunch today."

Jeongin rolled his eyes as the three of them walked side by side on the packed walkway.

"Hey, I have to head out towards the Sophomore art department, I need to setup my canvas for my painting class, will you two be okay by yourselves?" hyunjin said as he checked the time on his phone.