𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝕾𝖎𝖝|36

Riley was excited. She was finally getting to come home after a long eight months. Yes, the original time limit was only six months, but she refused to act the right way in the beginning, and it ended with her staying longer than intended. To her, everything worked out because, in the end, she felt better, like a new person, to be exact. Riley's mind was clear, and she knew everything she had done was wrong. She had hurt a lot of people, especially the ones she loved. So, she happily stepped out the hospital doors but immediately started to frown, seeing who was waiting for her.

"Mom?"

"Yes, I am your mother, this is your dad, and this is your daughter Tessa," Paris spoke with a brow arched as Rodney stood beside her with the same look. Riley gave both a blank stare before reaching for her little girl and kissing her.

"I'm not dumb. I know who the two of you are. I just wasn't expecting you to be here picking me up like I'm being released from prison."

"Technically, you were...."

"DAD!" She yelled as Rodney laughed, making her shake her head. "That wasn't funny... I thought--- I thought my children would be here." Riley whispered the last part. Somewhere deep inside her, she hoped they would be standing out there with smiles, along with their father.

Riley had fucked up; she fucked up big. Her emotions got the best of her, and the outrageous bursts that she had. This time she went too far and hurt the only man she truly ever loved. Maybe if she had come clean a long time ago about her mental state beside thinking everything was okay, this would have never happened. Then again, she had Mariah in her ear, and the bitch was as crazy as she was.

"Where are the other ones?"

"Oh, I see. Xavier had some business to take care of here in the city. Xylia wasn't feeling too good, and the quints... who knows where the quints are. Avery didn't want to come if Harper couldn't. Josiah is just settling back in, and Xeon... You know he's a daddy's boy." Her mom spoke as her dad opened the door for her to get in. With a sigh, Riley hurried into the backseat of the car and placed her daughter in her car seat; after, they were all on the way back to the community.

"Should we talk about Tobias...."

"NO!" She closed her eyes deeply, sighing. "Tobias was a mistake. I had time to think about that. I thought I loved him, but I loved the fact he didn't question my action. He did it to keep me from questioning him. Adriel...."

"Xerxes is married to Amoy, Riley. You are to leave them alone!" Paris yelled as she turned to them. "I was angry at first, but she makes him happy, and if you don't want to end up back where you just came from or kicked out of the community, please. I beg you to leave them alone."

"For so long, I blamed him for everything that when wrong. I never saw it the way everyone else did... He never cheated on me. Melody said it so many times before. How did he cheat if you two aren't a thing? I wasn't his girlfriend, and I was doing what I wanted, but Mariah. She told me just like he was claiming me as his. He was mine; therefore, when he slept with other women, he was cheating. If I did the same as him, what I didn't count." She sighed.

Both Paris and Rodney stayed silent while she looked out the window at the passing trees. They were nearing home, and her heart felt like it was about to jump out of her chest. Riley was curious to know if she was ready to see Xerxes happy with another. It was different when Amoy came to visit. The girl was sweet and always caring about others. She saw why X fell in love with her. Amoy should have hated her, but she cared. However, Riley couldn't help but hate her and herself at the same time.

"I did wrong, and when Adriel started to straighten up, I continued to do what Riley wanted. Even after I was pregnant, I felt it was a trap, but I caused it. I-I got pregnant on purpose because I wanted to ensure Adriel would stay. Now look; everything is so fucked up. Everything I fought so damn for I lost because of my stupid actions because I refused to acknowledge I needed help. Instead, I turned to drugs and cheating, which fucked everything up. I'm sorry, but I have to try a least once. I need to see if I can fix this."