𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓|17

"I have a job for you," Luca spoke as he walked into Xavier's office. He knew his Opa normally did all of his shit on his own and never asked for help. Either he was testing him or wanted his help with something he didn't want the others to know about.

"What type of job?"

"Someone owes me money, and you know I don't play about...."

"Your money, wife, or family. It's a code you implanted in our heads for as long as I can remember. But why do you want my son to do it, and who owes you? You're the loan shark. Shouldn't you be the one collecting?" Xerxes spoke from his spot behind the door. Luca turned to his son slowly as he shook his head.

"I was asking Xavier, not you. So, it's none of your damn business. X, you're not well enough yet, and you know it." Luca spoke while his father frowned. Zay knew he wanted to get out and do something. He had been complaining for the last few days that he needed to do something; in other words, something shoot, or he would go crazy.

"Dad, you act as if I cannot handle collecting a debt. Why send Don when you can send me or one of the others? Or, like I asked, why can't the loan shark do it himself?" Xerxes asked while his Opa smirked, shaking his head. "Oh, I see you don't want him dead yet. Is it someone you know and want your grandson... or should I say boss to scare him up? Do you think it's wise to send Xavier's crazy-ass? You know, if he goes, Elias and Barkley's crazy-asses follow, and all they know is shoot-shoot, kill-kill. I can have Eli, Jeremias, or maybe Hiro come along if that makes you happy."

"No, I'm asking Xavier... I'm going to regret this. I know it. You can join your son and keep them from killing the man. Although I wouldn't mind if they did, I need him alive now. Don't worry about why; Xavier, you do all the work. It is your job, and don't let your father get hurt."

"Who do you take me for? Just because I was hurt doesn't mean I forgot how to protect myself. I'm good...."

"No, you're not! And do not argue with me on this, or I will make your little ass stay! Just because you're grown means shit to me. I will pick your little linky ass up, throw you over my shoulder, and carry you out of here like I did when you were younger."

"You can't put me on punishment...."

"I can and will. Xerxes, do you think I haven't noticed your pains or how you can't turn to the side? Yesterday you acted like you had trouble breathing, or maybe your heart rank was up to high. Your body is still adjusting to your new heart. The only thing you were doing within those nine months was healing. Now that you are awake, your body is adjusting. Don't think you are the only one who knows these things, Xerxes, because you are the heart doctor. I did my research. Xavier, keep your father safe, please. You shouldn't be in danger, but you know how our enemies like to pop up when we least expect them to." Luca said while Xavier sat there quietly and nodded. He knew not to say anything, or he would have gotten cursed out by both of them.

"Fine, let go, Don and make sure you keep your father in line. I may do something fucking stupid like fall over and die."

"Xerxes! Damnit boy! Understand I cannot like anything happen to you... es würde mich töten, wenn es so tat (it would kill me if it did.)." Luca said as his dad pushed past him, upset. Xavier knew the problem. He was tired of everyone treating him like this frail child that needed someone to help him with his every move. Zay knew that his Opa was only looking out for his son, but he didn't need him to treat him as a child.

"Opa...."

"I know I can't shelter him. I have lost two of my children to this fucked up life. I almost lost your father... I don't know if my heart can take losing another child, sibling, grandchild, or your Oma. I don't care what you, Barkley, Elias, and Tanaka do. Or the rest, but put an end to this, make those muthafuckas bow to our union and us. If not, kill them all." He spoke before handing him the piece of paper and leaving. Xavier sighed as he went and found his father and made their to the location of a strip club and the last place he wanted to be.