𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊|9

"Are you sure about this? Dinner with both of our parents and their lovers." Eva spoke as she and Xylia set the table. It wasn't her idea. It was their grandparents. Adele and Paris thought it would be a great idea to have dinner and for Xy to tell her parents about her engagement officially. What Xylia saw was a disaster; maybe she was wrong, but only tonight would tell.

"It wasn't my idea. I think Grandma is trying to make up for blaming dad about mom. Or Oma is trying to make them play nice in front of us. I know dad doesn't have a problem with Tobias because I saw the two talking yesterday... well after he cursed him out for trying to help him with something."

"That's because dad knows it's not all Tobias's fault. I still don't like him, but I'll play nice because he's our mom's new hubby, our little sister's dad, and our stepfather...."

"So you like Amoy as if she did nothing," Lyric spoke, making Xylia and Eva turn to the boy standing in the doorway with a frown. Both looked at each other before turning back to their brother.

"I didn't say Amoy didn't do anything wrong. You're like mom in many ways. You hate for no reason. Yes, Amoy slept with our father. She did it while they were still married, but their marriage was technically over, and it was none of our business. Hating her or Tobias doesn't make it better. I said I didn't like Tobias, not that I hated him, and it has nothing to do with his and mom's relationship."

"Then what does it has to do with?" Xylia asked as her sister looked at her shrugging her shoulders. Xy was praying she had done something stupid.

"It's something about him. I can't quite put my finger on it, but he gives me this weird vibe. Ja, he's good with Tess and loves Ma. I know you know that feeling. The feeling like someone has done something, but you don't know what it was... It's stupid. Don't listen to me." Eva said, placing down the last plate, and left.

"Play nice tonight, or I will kick you out of my house and tell Ry to do the same."

Xylia didn't have the time to referee her sibling and parents. She wanted everything to go perfectly and hoped her grandparents knew what they were doing. Her dad was just now getting back to himself somewhat and didn't want anything to stop his process. X had been awake for about two and a half weeks and was walking again on his, which was good. Xy knew he was still having problems but none they could see.

"Yuh ready for this Empress?" Barkley asked, causing her to jump. The man was always a quiet walker, and she never knew he was in the room unless she saw him walk in or until he spoke. It always scared the shit out of her. She loved him, though, and he knew it as he wrapped his arm around her waist, kissing her temple as he made his way down to her neck.

"Do Mi need to wear a bulletproof vest? Or eat in a different room?" He laughed, kissing her again before letting his tongue run up her neck to her ear. Slowly Barkley took her earlobe between his teeth and pulled. "Mhm, damn, mi Empress is so fucking sexy. It makes mi want to say fuck it; carry yuh to the bed and fuck yuh silly."

"This is why I hate coming to your or Xavier's houses! What the fuck? Don't you have a fucking room? I swear, Barkley, if your hand is up her skirt. I'm leaving!" Eva yelled, making Bark laugh as he put his fingers in his mouth for the hell of it.

"Ah, you are fucking nasty! I'm leaving!"

"Evie, wait, Barkley's being a jerk! He just kissing my neck! Barkley, stop before she runs and tell the others that you were fingering me...."

"WHAT! FUCK NO! I'M LEAVING!" Roman yelled as Xylia sighed, resting her head on her fiancé's chest as he laughed, calling her brother back. It warmed her heart how he got along with her siblings and how they loved him. Especially her little sisters and Xeon. Barkley being Xavier's best friend, made it even better.