I was stunned for a few moments by his words. His declaration woke butterflies inside my stomach, and I found myself leaning closer to him. I put my head on his shoulder and chose to stay silent.

I had no words to explain my current predicament. I was stuck in the middle between two people that I loved.

Wait for a second Nina, did you just admit that you love Ethan?

Yes, I love him. What he did for me in the past few months, no one did in my entire life. Do I have any reason not to love him?

For the first time in my life, my conscious didn't have any arguments to throw in my face.

Ethan gently lifted my head and stroked my cheek. "You have dried blood all over you. You should go and take a shower in the cabinet's bathroom. I will stay here with Lexie until you are back."

I anxiously looked over my shoulder at Lexie's figure. Leaving her side wasn't the best idea at the moment.

"Don't worry about her. I will keep vigilant by her side." Ethan said with a teasing gleam in his eyes.

I slapped his arm playfully, gathered my clothes, and left the room with a final look in Lexie's direction.

********************
Feeling refreshed after a long shower, I exited the bathroom only to come face to face with Sandy.

She gave me a small smile and said in her airy voice. "I ordered you some breakfast. Come and let's eat together."

"I am not hungry. I need to go and check on Lexie." I declined politely.

"She is stable and would be awake in a few hours. Meanwhile, you must eat something to refill your energy reserves."

At my look of hesitation, she raised an eyebrow and said in a stern voice. "It is doctor's orders."

Defeated, I followed her to a small room where two couches dominated most of the space. I sat on one of them with sandy next to me.

She reached over for the covered plastic containers and handed me one with chopsticks."I hope you don't mind Chinese food."

"Not at all, thank you," I said and started eating right away. As always, I didn't realise I was hungry until the first bite hit my taste buds.

We ate in comfortable silence until our containers were both empty. Sandy got up and went to the small fridge in the corner of the room and took out a bottle of sparkling water. "Do you want a drink?"

"Yes, a soda would be great."
Sandy looked at me with her mouth wide open.

"What?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.
"You drink soda?" She inquired in wonder as she took a sip from her bottle and offered me the soda.

"So?" I was still confused by her exclamation as I opened the bottle and enjoyed the cold drink.

"I am just surprised that you have this body and could drink soda at the same time. I am following a strict diet and working out every day to maintain my shape." Sandy said with a pout.

"Well, I think I am gifted," I said with a shrug, enjoying the sugary beverage.

"I see you are lucky on many levels." I noticed the change in Sandy's voice. I put all my attention on her and waited for her to elaborate.

"I mean, you are in a relationship with Ethan. He is a catch, you know."

I was surprised by her boldness and decided to treat her accordingly. "Yes, you are correct. Ethan is one in a million. I am so lucky to have him by my side."