CT: Chapter 13 "Get. Back. Up."

The Sudden Death Runoff has begun and everyone who is going to participate stands in the courtyard of Honnouji Academy. C looks around and spots the Elite Four all spread out from each other and a couple of two stars he doesn't know. Ryuko takes a deep breath and steps closer to C letting their arms touch. He looks down at her and gives her a smile. "You nervous?"

"Of course I am, this is our chance to finally get information from Satsuki Kiryuin."

"Don't be, I'll make sure you get put into the running. Even if I can't get there myself, I'll set you up for success."

"It'd be better for you to fight, you're stronger than me."

"Yeah, but I doubt Satsuki Kiryuin would give me any info."

"You're right."

"Eyes up, the cocoon is opening." Ryuko looks up and sees the red threads disappearing. Once they're gone, Satsuki herself comes out to her normal position with a heel click.

"Students of Honnouji Academy! For the past week, you've fought long and hard! However, your fight has only just begun! Welcome to the Sudden Death Runoff! Every battle over the past week has been recorded, and now we know who the survivors are. Based on what happens today, I will determine who acquires Three Star status!" The crowd starts murmuring and then the ground starts shaking. Ryuko growls and looks around as C puts an arm against her back to make sure she doesn't fall.

"Now what?!"

"Stay close! For all we know this place is a bomb." Suddenly six pillars rise up from the ground knocking students around. Satsuki's voice cuts through the chaos the pillars are causing.

"The six pillars are your next challenge! Fight your way to the top of one and be a front runner in the election!" Ryuko looks up at the pillars and grits her teeth.

"That sneaky-"

"No time! Insult her when you get on top of one!" Ryuko nods and looks to C.

"You go left. I'll go right!" C nods at her plan and takes off onto the left pillar and jumps on the side. He leaps up from spike to spike and throws himself higher and higher as Ryuko runs up her pillar with a yell. C jumps up and does a four point landing on his pillar as Ryuko lands on her knees on her's. C and Ryuko look around and see the Elites on the other four pillars. Satsuki smirks at who made it on top of the pillars.

"Well, well, well. The Elite Four lives up to their name." Nonon smiles and turns to Satsuki.

"Did you expect any different?" Satsuki smiles with her eyes closed before turning to C, who's on the tallest pillar.

"And you C. I wondered if you'd bother climbing."

"It wasn't in my plans, but then you had to go on and have a sixth pillar. I figured you wouldn't mind me cracking more heads. Although, I do wonder what you'll be having us do now? A free for all, or maybe you'll make us draw lots for a small tournament bracket?" Gamagoori suddenly starts speaking.

"Lady Satsuki! We, the Elite Four, would like to propose an additional rule for the Sudden Death Runoffs!" Satsuki hums in confusion, so Sanageyama speaks up.

"Each of us wants a shot at facing Ryuko Matoi or C in a fight." The crowd all gasp as C and Ryuko share a look. Nonon smirks and starts talking.

"We're going to fight them anyway. We might as well do it here on this grand stage." Inumuta puts his two cents in next.

"It would be an explosive finale to the academy's first election. Don't you think, milady?" Satsuki gives a single chuckle.

"It would at that." The ground starts shaking again and a pillar with a wide hexagon top rises up from the ground. It's top is wider than the other pillars and it has six massive screens on the sides for the crowd to watch what's happening. " A king of the hill final battle! Matoi! C! You will face the members of the Elite Four in one on one combat! They'll decide who to fight. If either of you win, I'll tell you the details of Isshin Matoi's death." Ryuko growls.