CT: Chapter 19 "Wrong Side of Heaven"

It's early in the morning and C stands beside Sanageyama as a helicopter lands. Satsuki steps out and the Elite Four greet her in unison.

"Welcome back, Lady Satsuki."

"You performed well on the raid trip." She looks to C as she steps in front of him. "And you've been playing your part wonderfully. Matoi might be a valuable asset at this rate, but let me remind you that our goals are to prioritize the world." C nods and the Elites begin following her with C behind them as Satsuki continues walking. "I trust you've rested."

"Yes." Inumuta speaks on his own this time.

"How'd it go with the director?"

"She said she was pleased with our results. And she's decided to pay a visit to Honnouji Academy." Sanageyama's head perks up at that.

"Then, this is it?"

"Yes. It's time. I'm counting on all of you." They head inside and then down to where Satsuki gives all her speeches with the Elites behind her and C on the wall. "Students of Honnouji Academy, the raid trip was a success because of your efforts! We destroyed the dens of the Kansai forces and the base of the anti-clothing guerillas! To celebrate, Ragyo Kiryuin, the director of Honnouji Academy, is coming! In honor of her visit, we will hold a ceremony in this stadium, which bears her name! Put all your effort into preparing for the director's arrival! The time has come for the academy's Cultural and Sports Grand Festival!" C sighs and disappears from view.

"We're gonna need some back up for this." He teleports away as everyone starts leaving the stadium.

Ryuko stands up in the briefing room she's in and stares at Mikisugi. "Even if I come to terms with Life Fibers being aliens, that doesn't excuse what you said earlier!"

"What specifically, Ryuko?"

"That C isn't who I think he is! What the hell did you mean by that?!" Tsumugu crosses his arms and leans back in his chair.

"He's working for the Kiryuins, that's what we mean." Ryuko's eyes widen.

"Like hell he is! He's been by my side every step of the way!" Mikisugi nods and pulls a remote out of his lab coat pocket.

"True, but we have evidence to back up our claims. During the naturals election, C kneeled to Satsuki herself, but admittedly when he did this she decided to leave you to him, so this could be a show of his desperation to save you himself. However, it doesn't explain the multiple times he's been spotted talking to higher-ups by my cameras." He shows multiple pictures of C talking with Sanageyama, Gamagoori, and even Satsuki Kiryuin.

"So what, he can have a conversation without it immediately resulting in violence? That doesn't prove anything!"

"Maybe not, but isn't it strange how he never resorts to violence unless you're around?"

"It's because I jump in at every opportunity. Like I said, that doesn't prove anything."

"Regardless, be wary of him."

"Whatever, I'm getting some air." Ryuko leaves the room, heads to the hangar, and up onto the surface. She looks around and sees the ruins of Osaka. "So this is Osaka? God, it's horrible." Senketsu agrees with her.

"Yes. This is what the Life Fibers' power is capable of, and we are capable of."

"Yeah."

"Mikisugi was right to keep us in the dark up until now. Even after seeing this, being told Life Fibers are from Outer Space is... mind boggling."

"That's funny coming from you." She sighs. "This whole thing's got me freaked out."

"Why?"

"I don't know. It's like everything's gone from a stupid fight to this crazy war that's over my head. People are saying things like "fate of humanity" and "extinction of our species, blah, blah. My head was spinning. And I wanted to say "I don't give a crap!" Instead, I used you and C as an excuse to get angry."