CT: Chapter 5 "Monomania"

C wakes up and stretches making his back pop loudly. "Good God, I'm gonna need to invest in an air mattress or something." He gets up and heads to the bathroom only to find the door locked. He headbutts the door and leans on it only to have it open and him fall face first onto the floor. "Mmm I should have seen that coming." Ryuko is bewildered, but just lightly nudges him with her foot.

"You okay?"

"Mmhmm."

"Well, good morning."

"Good morn."

"I'm just gonna..." She steps over him and he opens a portal under him before landing on his feet. The portal closes and C turns around to close the bathroom door.

C and Ryuko walk towards Honnouji Academy when he spots something on the ground. He stops and picks it up revealing it to be a nine chamber revolver with an ivory handle, black metal, and gold trim. Ryuko turns around and sees C holding the weapon. She walks back towards him and tilts her head. "Is it yours?"

"No, but I know its name and its owner."

"One of those people you had a falling out with?"

"No. This guy is different, but let's see if I'm right before jumping to conclusions." He takes the gun and throws it into the air where it promptly disappears. "House is here. C'mon, if he's around then he's probably causing trouble."

"You've got such great friends huh? Troublemakers and people who don't trust you."

"Well, maybe I'm on a positive climb. After all, we're friends."

"I'm definitely a troublemaker."

"You said it not me." She laughs and punches his arm halfheartedly. He laughs and places his hands in his pockets. They keep walking down alley ways until C suddenly grabs Ryuko and a blue wall appears in front of them to block a bullet. "Jesus Christ House what the hell man?! If I was anyone else you would have killed me!"

"C? What are you doing here?" The wall disappears revealing House. He wears a black baseball cap over his dark brown hair, a white short sleeve tshirt, blue jeans, brown slip on boots, and a gray and white varsity jacket with a large spade on the back. He adjusts his black framed glasses and lowers his weapon.

"That's my line, House. Last time I saw you, you were inside Line Corp when the building started collapsing. That was what a year ago? I guess I shouldn't be surprised you survived, but when we dig through the area, you were nowhere to be found."

"That's the benefit of High Roller. All I need is one good roll to get out of anything."

"How long have you been here?"

"Just got here. Knowing you're here is a comfort. At the very least I know I have someone watching my back."

"New question, what's the plan?"

"The plan never changes, C. Make money." C frowns and puts his hands in his pockets.

"I'll look the other way, but remember I ain't bailing you out when you get caught."

"If I'm caught."

"When. It'll happen eventually. You still flying solo these days."

"Actually I ran into an old friend while traveling. He's doing recon now." A man comes around the corner eating a kabob covered in meat. He's wearing a large baggy purple hoodie, gray sweatpants, and white sneakers. He takes a bite and everyone looks at him as he stops mid chew and looks from his food to the people standing in front of him. House puts a hand to his forehead and groans.

"The food is edible, we can stay." House keeps groaning and C laughs. "Hey C."

"Hey Wolf." Wolf finishes the kabob and tosses the stick behind him. "I suppose I should introduce you all. Ryuko this is Wolf and House. They're old friends of mine. Guys, this is Ryuko Matoi. I'm helping her find her dad's murderer." They all exchange a greeting and C claps his hands once. "Well, if you guys need anything, you know how to get in contact with me. We gotta go." C and Ryuko leave the alley to head to Honnouji Academy.