Betrayal

I woke up, when I felt that Dylan was no longer by my side.

I got up from the bed and called him, but I got no response from him. I wonder why he doesn't answer me. I looked at the clock to see what time it was and saw that it's three in the morning. So I wonder why he is not around. I took the robe and put it on my body. I walked towards the living room, but I didn't see him.

"Dylan?" I call again.

But no response from him. I went to the bathroom and he wasn't there. I sat on the bed again and wondered where he was at this hour. While I was thinking, I looked at the side table near the bed. I was stunned to see his wedding ring there. I stood up and walked towards it then took the ring. I looked at it in wonder. Why is it here? Why didn't he wear it?

"Where could he go?" 

I decided to go out, because he might just be outside. After getting dressed, I left our hotel room. It's quiet around here, but I can still see a few people. I walked towards the elevator to go downstairs. But when it opened I saw Dylan, with Keane. They brought a hot coffee, but that wasn't the only thing I noticed. I saw the two of them holding hands and because of what I saw, I immediately hid behind the wall.

A lot of questions came to my mind because of what I saw. I'm used to seeing them together, but now it's different because they're holding hands which they shouldn't be doing.

"Are you sure she's still sleeping?" I heard Keane ask him.

I felt them stop, just near where I was hiding. I don't know but I lost the strength to face them and ask what I'm seeing right now. I feel confused, even if it's really clear that there's something between them.

"Yes, don't worry, she's tired," Dylan answered.

Suddenly, my feelings became heavy, because of what I heard. 

"Tsss, for sure you're enjoying her company. Maybe later on, you won't have time with me because you want to bore her first, Tsk!" Keane said grumpy, which made me feel even worse.

"Babe, you know everything, so don't worry about it, let's get inside to freshen you up," I heard Dylan say.

I heard a door open, so I peeked in slightly. I saw them both enter a room. I leaned against the wall again and close my eyes, then my tears began to flow. I did not expect what I saw and heard just now. What does that mean? Are they really hiding something from me? Why? Why would I know this, after our marriage?

I wiped the tears that were on my cheeks. I looked at the room number, where they were. Even this Keane did not tell me, because she said; she was going to Palawan. But here she is with my husband inside. I clenched my hand and just went back to the hotel room. I can't be bothered thinking about the two of them together now. If they're having a secret relationship, I'm sure they're having fun in that room. 

That's why I quickly took out my cellphone and called Keane. I called her twice before she answered.

"Hello besty? You called up, it's too early, why?" she immediately asked me.

But I hear something strange around where she is now. I sighed.

"I woke up without Dylan by my side. I looked for him but I couldn't find him, did he call you? Or do you know where he might be?" I told her.

She didn't answer immediately what I said and I squeezed my hand again because I heard what seemed to be a growl coming from her.

"Uhm, no, maybe he's just outside, just wait for him," she answered.

I heard the strange noise around her again, so I couldn't stop my tears from falling again. 

"Is that so? Wait a minute, are you okay? Your voice is strange, are you with someone there?" I asked again. Just to confirm what I've heard.

"Hehe, you seem interested? Well, I'm having fun with my man just like what you and Dylan did in your honeymoon. It's wonderful right?" she said and I can sense that she's grinning right now.

"W-What? Your so naughty, bye for now. It seems like your busy," I told him.

I was about to hang up when she spoke again.

"Yes, besty. So just wait for Dylan, then you can continue your honeymoon," she said and hung up.

I suddenly threw the cellphone on the bed and pulled it out of my hair because of the irritation and anger I felt.

She's really enjoying with Dylan? My husband?

I got pissed off! Does she really feel like saying that? That the two of them are doing something? I trust them. She's my best friend and he's my long time boyfriend. How could they do this to me? Why were they able to cheat and betray me? I've been nice to them, but this is what they're going to do? This is too much. I'm a nice person. But because of what they did, I don't know what I can do to them.

The next day, I forced myself to think that what I had found was just a dream. But when I couldn't see Dylan by my side, I was depressed. Suddenly the pain I felt came back and tears came to my eyes. I was in that situation, when suddenly the door opened and Dylan appeared. He saw my appearance, that's why he immediately approached me.

"Hey, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" he said to me worriedly and comforted me.

I didn't say anything, so he just hugged me.

"Tell me what's wrong, Allyana?" he asked me again.

"I dream something horrible," I told him. While I continue to cry. He rubbed my back.

"It's just a dream, let's go. Let's have a breakfast together," he said.

I hope that what I found out Dylan was just a dream, because I didn't really know what I was going to do. If what I found was actually true.

I calmed myself down and nodded. He helped me stand and we walked out of the room. But when we entered the kitchen area, I saw Keane preparing a food. I looked at Dylan and Keane in wonder.

Why is Keane here? Does this mean that was all really true?