Chapter 13: Cheering up the Dark Dragon!

4 Days Later
Lucy's P.O.V

I woke up feeling like myself again. Natsu was right beside me and was asleep. "Natsu, I think it's time to head back to the guild." I said, shaking him awake. He woke up and nodded. I got out of bed and took a shower. After the shower, I threw on a bra, underwear, a black tank top, and jeans. I let my blonde hair down and got out of the bathroom. Natsu was waiting for me in his usual clothes. "Ready?" he asked. I nodded. We left my apartment and walked to the guild. Wendy, Abigail, and Gajeel fell in step beside us and we walked in. "They're back!" someone yelled. A chair was flown at Natsu and he dodged it. Natsu glared at Gray who smirked and said "Bring it." He ran at Gray and they started to fight. "Lucy! Abigail! Wendy!" Levy called. We walked towards her and sat down. Next thing I knew, Erza, Juvia, Cana, Lisanna, and Mira show up and sit with us.

"How are you?" Levy asked. I gave a small smile and said "Better." Wendy and Abigail said "Same." Erza let out a breathe and said "Good. I thought you were going to do something drastic." I bit my lower lip and said "Natsu and I were debating on doing something, but we decided not to. We didn't want to do that to the guild." Lisanna and Mira hugged me and said "Don't ever think like that again!" I nodded. Then I noticed something, Robert wasn't in the guild. "Where's your boyfriend?" I asked Abbey. She looked at Cana and said "He didn't show up earlier?" She shook her head. "When I knocked no one answered his door." Abigail said, standing up.

I thought of what Natsu and I thought on day 2 of our depression. "I hope he's fine." I said getting up. "He was the one who said yes for the command." Wendy stated, also getting up. "Wendy, get Gajeel. I'll get Natsu." I said and running to my boyfriend. He was still fighting Gray and I stepped in between them. "Natsu, look around and see who isn't here." I said. He looked around and paled. "We're getting him." I said. We ran to the guilds doors, where Wendy, Gajeel, and a worried Abigail stood. "Show us to his house." Natsu said. Abigail nodded and we ran out the guild following her. "Please be okay. He said that the last time he was so depressed was when he lost his grandmother to cancer." Abigail said.

I gasped. "What?" Wendy said. Natsu and Gajeel looked at us in confusion. We explained cancer to them and Natsu said "Wow..." I nodded. "Wow indeed." Wendy said. When we reached Robert's house, we saw that it was dark inside. Gajeel fashioned one of his index fingers into a key and insert it into the slot. He unlocked the door and I pushed it open slowly. "Robert?" Natsu called. No reply. We walked to his bedroom and saw a bunch of blankets over a hunched up figure. "Robert." Abigail said. "Go away, or I might accidentally order you dead." Robert said. We looked at him in sorrow.

"You won't do that. That was your inner dragon not you." I said. The figure started to shake. "I don't care! I saw another person dead! And this time, I wanted them dead!" he said. I could hear the tears in his voice. "Listen Nightmare, you are a kind person. You even got Bunny Girl to have Dragon Slayer powers. So we all know you are a kind person." Gajeel said. Blanket was moved and Robert's teary face was shown. "Nightmare?" he questioned. "I give nicknames to people I feel are my friends." Gajeel said. Robert gave a small smile and said "I like it." Abigail smiles and says "There's the smile I love! Come on. Let's go walk around before you head back. We were ready to, and so are you."

Robert sat up slowly. "Were they mad at you guys for leaving?" he asked. Natsu shook his head no. "I thought they would've been looking at us like we were some creature, but they welcomed us back with open arms. They will do the same to you." I said. Then I noticed his hair was blonde. "Wait, what's with the blonde hair?" I asked. He blushed and said "My hair changes colour depending on the season. If it is Summer, I'm blonde. If it is Winter, I'm a brunette." Wendy giggled. Natsu said "You have some weird hair dude." Robert laughed and his smile brightened even more. "Thanks." he said.

"Ready to head back?" Gajeel questioned. Robert nodded. He got out of bed and pushed us out his room. We waited in his living room while he showered and got changed. When he got out, he was wearing a white t-shirt, a blue button up with the buttons undone and the sleeves roled up, and jeans. His bangs were styled up and he looked really good. "Damn dude!" Natsu said. "You look good." I said, earning a look from Natsu. Still love you idiot., I told him through our mental link. Good. Plus, I'm your idiot!, he replied. Abigail smiled and said "Looking good Grim Reaper." Robert smiled at us and said "Thanks my Angel."

We left his house and walked to the guild. Why do I feel like I'm forgetting something... "Hey guys, is it just me or do you guys feel like your forgetting something?" They smirked and said "Just you." I may be late, but Happy Birthday!, Natsu said in the back of my mind. My Birthday! That's it! When we reached the guild, it was surprisingly quiet. We walked in and the guild was dark. "Hello?" I called. The lights went on and people yelled "Surprise!" People came out of various hiding spaces. Even Sting was here! "You guys!" I yelled, tears falling down my face as my second family wished me a Happy Birthday.

We ate, danced, singed, and partied till it was midnight. By then, the only ones still sober was Team Natsu, Wendy, the exceeds, Abigail, Mira, and Robert. We were around a table talking and laughing, while Mira handed us drinks. Then, Natsu stood up and walked behind me. I spun around and said "Natsu?" "Lucy, I've loved you since the first day we met. When I saw you under that spell the fake Salamander had put you under, I knew that nothing I would do would snap you out of it. Though when you looked at me and you broke out of the spell, I thought maybe I have a chance. Then these feelings kept on growing. I tried to let you see how I felt, but you were too dense to see it." he said. Don't tell me he's gonna-!

Natsu's P.O.V

Here goes nothing! I go on one knee and open a small box I fished out from my poket. "Lucy Heartfillia, will you make me the happiest man on earth and marry me?" I said. Everyone stopped what they were doing, even Mira stopped to look at the scene. Lucy started to cry. "Did I do something wrong? If I did I'm so sorry." I said, my courage starting to decrease. Then Lucy hugged me and screamed from the top of her lungs "YES!" Everyone who was still up clapped for us. I hugged her back. When we pulled away, I slid the ring with the red ruby on her finger. She kissed me and I kissed back.

I love you., I said to her from the mental link while we kissed. She broke the kiss and said "I love you too."