Chapter 12: The Warning

Natsu's P.O.V
2 hours later

I had the man Erik by the throat. "Why are you here!?" I snarled. He laughed and said "Zeref!" My eyes widened. I threw him against a tree and the other Dragon Slayers came up beside me. The exceeds were in a tree, except for Lily and Phoenix, who were guarding the tree they were in. Lucy growled and said "What? Zeref too chicken?" I'm starting to like this new reckless Lucy Heartfillia. She was amazing. "Zeref sent me to assassinate one person. That is you, Robert!" Eric said. "Why!?" Robert yelled. Eric laughed again and said "Because with you gone, Diana and Darkrin will break and Acnologia will never be abke to break out of Zeref's control!" Robert's eyes widened at what he said.

Then a pointed star was against his throat and Eric gulped. "Explain." Lucy said in a dangerously calm voice. I shrinked away from her in fear. Sometimes she can be as scary as Erza, or even worse. Eric said "Zeref wants the Dragon Slayers dead so they can all break down and leave their world to see their children dead! Then he wod do what he did with Acnologia and take control of their minds. Please don't kill me!" I glanced at Robert and he nodded. I looked at Lucy and said "Do it." Gajeel covered Wendy's eyes while Abigail covered the little girls ears. Lucy sent the star through the mans throat, cutting his head off. His body slumped against the tree and I lit it on fire. Once the tree, the body, and the severed head was turned to ash, I ate the remaining fire.

Gajeel and Abigail let go of Wendy. Wendy saw a black spot on the earth and she blew away the ashes, leaving no remains. "Hopefully the others don't ask what happened and where we went." Lucy said. I nodded. We turned and walked out the forest, our exceeds following us. "I can't believe you allowed that Natsu." Happy squeaked. "Thank you for not allowing Wendy to see or hear that." said Carla. "That isn't like you Lucy." Phoenix said. "I can't believe you allowed that Gajeel." Lily said. "Why Robert?" Claire said. Then I regretted our decision immediately. "Because his name was spoken..." Robert said. "We regret our decision Happy." I said.

Lucy nodded. We walked to the guild and found it alive with noise. We all put on fake grins and went in. I fought Gray, but did not fight back and allowed him to win, letting Erza punish him. Lucy just sat with Levy, reading one of her friends books. Robert and Abigail sat beside each other and cuddled Claire. Wendy was sitting beside Romeo, who allowed her to lay her head on her shoulder. Gajeel was sitting in a corner of the guild with his eyes closed. Then Erza went into the Master's office. A few minutes later, Master came out and said "All Dragon Slayers to my office." We all got up and walked in.

Erza was leaning against a wall and Master was sitting behind his desk. With our fake smiles still up, we closed the door and sat down in the five laid out chairs. "Yes Master?" Lucy asked innocently. "What's with the fake smiles?" he asked. We dropped the charade and let regret take our expressions. Erza saw this and had worry across her face, same with Master. "What happened?" Erza asked. Abigail told her and Master. They shiwed horror on their faces and Lucy started to cry. "We didn't mean it! Our inner dragons got control of our minds and made us do it! Please don't kick us out! He said his name and we grew so angery!" she cried.

Erza came up to her and hugged her. "Lucy, we won't kick you guys out." Master said. Then the rest of us were in tears saying "Thank you Master!" Erza looked at me with sorrow. "I can't believe you allowed that Natsu." she said. "My inner dragon allowed that, not me!" I cried. "This news though... I'm gonna have to warn the Council and Sabertooth. Plus the other guilds must be informed." Master said. Erza directed us out the back door in Master's office and we all went home. Lucy and I walked to her place with tears on our face. When we got to her apartment, we went in and laid down in her bed. Hopefully, tomorrow is better.

The Next Day

"-that is what happened to the Dragon Slayers yesterday." Master announced. He told the whole guild what happened. Us five Dragon Slayers sat at the back of the room, feeling regret. We didn't look at the expressions on our guild mates faces. " A-Are you serious? They d-did that to him?" Lisanna said in a horrified tone. The exceeds flew to us and sat in their owners lap. "Don't look behind you. They are looking at you with horror." Carla said. We nodded. Then, something unexpected happened, Lucy was hugged from behind from Lisanna. "We don't blame you. It was your inner dragons." said Gray, walking up to us and sitting beside me. Levy came and hugged Gajeel from behind. The rest of the guild came and hugged all of us.

Silent tears fell from our faces and Wendy said "We don't deserve this. We killed someone because of a stupid name." "We promise, that for as long as we live, we will never say his name ever again!" Master spoke for the whole guild. They nodded. All us Dragon Slayers got up and left the guild. We couldn't take the regret so we stayed in our houses. Erza and Gray tried to get Lucy and I out of Luce's apartment, but Happy stepped in and told them to go and that they will be back to normal by tomorrow. Lucy mumbled "Hopefully..." I nodded. 'Maybe' more like it.