Chapter 1: The Dark Dragon Slayer

"Look out Lucy!" I yelled, pushing her away as a lightning bolt flew for her. "Thanks Natsu!" Lucy said. Lucy and I were on a mission to capture this mage that was hurting people in Clover Town. "Fire Dragon Wing Attack!" I yell. My flames hit the man and he fell to the ground, singed.

"Another job done. Good job today Luce!" I said, smiling at her. She smiled back, and I started feeling butterflies in my stomach. Our guild, Fairy Tail, thinks I'm a dense idiot and that I will never fall in love. The thing was, I am an amazing actor! I was in love with my best friend. Sadly, she was the dense one.

"Let's tie him up and collect our reward!" she said. I nodded and started wrapping rope around the guy. We were in a forest that surrounded the town. The guy was using the trees as cover, but he still failed in the end. We dragged the guy into town and dropped him off at the police station. The mayor thanked us and gave us our 150,000 Jewels. I gave half to Luce and kept the rest.

"Shall we walk home or use a train..." Lucy said. "Let's walk home!" I said loudly. Lucy laughed and said "My feet hurt Natsu. I rather take a train then walk home." She grabbed my hand and dragged me towards the train station. I groaned as we bought the tickets. As we waited for the train to arrive, I heard someone say "Lighten up Claire. It was only a joke!" I turned and saw a guy with brown hair and blue eyes, wearing blue jeans, a red and orange t-shirt, sitting on one of the benches with a black cat on his lap.

What surprised me the most was that the cat said "Still. I don't like jokes that much, remember?" The boy laughed. I leaned towards Lucy and whispered "Hey, that guy has an exceed!" She looked at me and I pointed at the guy. She looked at the guy and said "The cute guy with the black cat?" The minute she said 'cute,' I started feeling jealous. Then the train arrived.

We got in the train and took our seats. Someone knocked on our compartment door and Lucy opened it. The guy from before was standing there with the black cat sitting on his shoulder. "Do you guys have any room?" he asked, scratching the back of his head. We nodded and he walked in. He sat across from us and said "My names Robert. This little cat is called Claire." I smiled and said "Names Natsu, and this is Lucy."

The train started moving and I grew sick. I laid my head down in Lucy's lap and she started playing my hair. "Ummm... should I leave?" Robert asked. "No. He has motion sickness. So where you heading Robert?" she asked. He had a huge smile on his face and said "Magnolia! I want to join the magic guild Fairy Tail! They are amazing! I want to meet Titania, Gray Fullbuster, The Salamander, and the Celestial Mage I have a HUGE crush on!" I stiffened and Lucy giggled.

"What's so funny?" he asked. "We're in Fairy Tail. My names Lucy and the guy in my lap is Natsu, our Salamander." Lucy said. He looked at us in fascination. "Claire! Wake up!" Robert yelled, waking the cat up. "What is it?" Claire asked. "These two are the Lucy and Natsu!" he said. Claire looked at us and then Luce's right hand. "Your right! She has the guild mark!" she said.

"So... what magic... do you have... Robert?" I managed to ask. He smiled and said "Dark Dragon Slayer magic." I sat up and stared at him. Lucy stared as well. "Who was your teacher!?" I ask. He said "Well... I was taught by Acnologia for three months... then he disappeared and after two years, I met a dragon named Darkrin who trained me! She was like my mother!"

Lucy yelped and I stood infront of her. My body was on fire and I was growling at Robert. "Acnologia is evil! How could he have taught you! He would have-" I stopped talking when I saw how defenseless he was. Claire was flying in between us with her arms out stretched. "Robert was taught dangerous magic by Acnologia, while Darkrin taught him how to make it less destructive and how to control it."

I calmed the fire down and glanced at Lucy. She nodded. "Okay. Seeing that you may have no family, I guess Fairy Tail could use you." I said. Robert got up and extended his hand. I grbbed it an shook it. Lucy smiled and said "Hopefully we get to go on jobs together!" I sat back down and started feeling sick again. The whole train ride was me lying in Lucy's lap while she talked to Robert.