Chapter 9: Lucy has Potential?

Lucy's P.O.V
Next day

I woke up to nothing in my bed. It was really cold. I remembered last night and smiled. Then I grew angry cause Natsu wasn't around. We do THAT and he is nowhere to be found? Did he leave during the night! I got up and threw on some pajamas. I smelled pancakes after throwing on clothes. I walked into the kitchen to find a shirtless Natsu cooking breakfast. He didn't leave! I smiled and he said "Good morning!" I walked up to him and snaked my arms around his waist. "Hi." I said.

We ate breakfast and got dressed. Once I had put my hair into a ponytail, Natsu and I headed for the guild holding hands. He wore his uaual clothing, while I wore a blue t-shirt and black shorts. Once we got to the guild, we noticed that it was quiet. Natsu and I looked at each other in concern and we pushed opened the doors. Everyone in the guild were looking on the stage. We looked and saw Abigail and Robert doing tricks with their magic. Robert made shapes out of the darkness in the room, while Abigail made images out of the light in the room.

Natsu smiled and said "I'm gonna ask if I can join in!" I giggled and said "Good luck!" I walked to the bar and Natsu ran to the stage. Mira was watching the stage when I came up. "Hey Mira!" I said. She jumped and looked at me. "Hey Lucy! Strawberry milkshake?" she asked with a smile. I nodded and said "Yes please!" I looked at the stage and watched Natsu up on it with the other two dragon slayers.

Natsu's P.O.V

"Thanks for allowing me to join in!" I said. "No problem!" Abigail said. "Ready?" Robert asked. We nodded. My body burst into flames and I made the fire into a ball and threw it in the air. It hung there and I started to make shapes out of it. I made a toy train out of the fire and commanded it to move around the room. Abigail created a shower of flowers made of light and made them rain on our guild mates. Everyone looked to the sky and started grabbing some. Robert used the darkness and created creatures that moved around the room. Then I had an idea.

"Let's make dragons out of our powers!" I said. They nodded. I made the ball of fire bigger and made it into a human sized fire dragon which flied around the room. Robert shifted the darkness and made a pure black dragon that followed my dragon. Abigail did the same, but pure white light. Everyone was cheering and clapping at our dragons. I commanded mine to land beside Lucy, who was startled. The fire dragon looked at her and I made it nuzzle her leg. Mira looked in horror as the fire touched Lucy, but she was fine. She giggled and started to pet the dragon.

Then I felt a strong magic power come from the front of the guild. Everyone else felt it as well. I stopped my magic and the fire dragon disappeared. Robert and Abigail stopped their magic as well. I ran to the guild doors and threw them open. A man with dark blue eyes, blonde hair, and in a blue and yellow suit stood there smiling. "Who are you?" I asked. I sniffed the air and he smelled like a dragon. My eyes widened. "My name is Stellar, the celestial dragon. Darkrin and Lux sent me." Stellar said. "So they listened..." I heard Robert whisper, thank you enhanced hearing!

"Stellar! Nice to meet you! Darkrin has told me a lot about you!" Robert yelled. The dragon's cheeks started to turn pink. "Yes, well, where is the girl I'm training?" Stellar asked. I turned and looked Robert and Abigail, who pointed at... Lucy. "Me!?" Lucy screamed. "I'm not letting you take her." my voice sounded dangerously calm. "She has no choice." Stellar said. "Once a dragon sees a human fit to learn their magic, there is no turning back for the human." Stellar finished. He sees Lucy fit to be a Dragon Slayer!? What surprised me the most was that Lucy got up and walked towards us. "Will I still be able to summon my spirits?" she asked when she approached us. Stellar nodded his head.

"Then I'll go." Lucy said. "Luce?" I asked. She looked at me and gave me a passionate kiss. I kissed back and wrapped my arms around her waist. Everyone in the guild was speechless. As we pulled away, I decided to do this at the last minute. I held her tighter and sank my teeth into her neck. She gasped. I pulled away and instead of to puncture holes, a red flame was on her neck. "What was..." she began, but I silenced her with a finger to her lips. "My dragon mark. Now go and train." I said. She nodded and yelled "Master! I'll return soon!" I saw tears run down her face. She walked out and Stellar said "She will be safe." Then a bright flash of light blinded us. When the light cleared, Stellar and Lucy were gone.

Everyone in the guild burst down into tears as our beloved Celestial mage was gone. Everyone except Robert and Abigail. I spun around to look at them, to notice that they were gone. I let my pink bangs cover my eyes and I walked out of the guild. I walked to a special place that I always went to when I felt down. I stopped at a Sakura tree that I dug out for Lucy when she was sick. "Natsu?" a small voice said. I turned and saw Erza, Gray, Happy, Wendy, and Carla were standing there. "Hey..." I said. I sat down at the base of the tree and stared at the group infront of me.

Then, one by one, they sat beside me. Happy and Carla sat on mine and Wendy's head. "Lushie will be back, right Natsu?" Happy asked. Hopefully. "Ya..." I said, my expression growing grim at the sound of her name. We sat there and remembered our times with Lucy. It's like she died or something... "She was like my little sister." Gray said. "I agree with Gray." Erza said. Wendy said "She was like my second mother, always helping me." I closed my eyes and leaned my head back onto the tree. Happy fell off and landed in my lap. "I fell in love with her when I first met her. She was kind, beautiful, and when she said she wanted to join Fairy Tail, I just had to take her with me. Whenever I said 'You're such a weirdo Luce.', I really meant 'You're so beautiful Luce.'" I said. I felt tears run down my eyes and heard soft sobs coming from the others.

"Why did you let her go with the dragon?" Erza cried. Wow... She actually has a soft spot... "She decided it for herself... I couldn't stop her. You guys know her, she is really stubborn." I said. Wendy sobbed silently. Gray still has clothes on surprisingly. Wait... if he still has clothes on... that means, with Lucy being gone, the guild has lost their light...