The flight home was very short, to my demise.

Now the difficult question of who is going to greet us at the Palace. My Father, or the King.

Please, let it be my Father.

In the car ride home, I could sense the nervousness of my girlfriend, so I take her hand and do the most unlady like thing and rest my head on her shoulder.

"It will be okay, my love. I will be here for you."

I feel her kiss my head before she rests hers against mine.

As we pull into the Palace gates, I start to realise just how real this has all become. If my Father likes her, the wedding will be arranged soon and I'm not sure if Hayley is up to that, still.

I lead the two women into the Palace and I see that all of my family are waiting for us in the foyer.

"Father," I greet before kissing his cheeks and curtsy to him. "This is Hayley, and her Mother, Kathryn."

"Your Majesty." they both greet and curtsy in turn.

"It's very nice to meet you, Hayley. I've heard wonderful things from Melissa." my Father said, shaking my girlfriend's hand.

"I'm honoured to have the privilege of loving your daughter, your highness."

"Loving? Things have progressed a lot more than I thought."

"Yes, Father. We love each other very much." I smile at Hayley.

"Let us go to the family room. Would you like any refreshments?"

"No thank you, Sir." Hayley declines.

"How about yourself, Kathryn?"

"May I please have some water, Sir?"

"You may."

"Thank you, Sir."

Father leads us to the family room and sits down, giving the rest of us the okay to sit down as well. Hayley sits next to me, of course, and I rest my hand on her knee. Megyn sees this and smirks at me, to which I roll my eyes.

A servant brings a glass of water to Kathryn and she thanks her before she leaves.

"So, Hayley. I hear you're still in school. How is that going?" Mummy starts.

"Everything is great. My grades are no less than A*'s but that runs in the family." Hayley smiles at her Mother who smiles back.

"It's not just me who has the brains. It's your Mama as well. She's the clever clogs of the family." Kathryn dismisses.

"How are all of your sisters, Hayley? I know you have a lot. Ten sisters, is it?" Megyn asks.

"Eleven, actually. We found out that Jordyn has a twin sister called Jaydyn and she found us a few weeks back."

"How do you manage? I struggle with one!"

"Megyn," Mum warns, "Be kind. I'm sure having lots of sisters is great fun. Is that right, Hayley?"

"One hundred percent. We all look after each other and I find comfort in the fact that these women will have my back as long as we live."

"That's brilliant."

"Yes, it is, but Hayley, what does your future look like with Melissa?" my Father questioned.

I squeeze her knee as she takes a big breath before speaking, "I'd love to marry her. I'd love to be in her life and get to hold her everyday. I'd love to have children with her and grow old with her. That's how I see our future. There's no other way I'd prefer to have her in my life."

"How soon would you want to marry?" Mum asks softly, pride behind her eyes.

"As soon as possible." Hayley answered, turning to me.

"Are you aware that you'd have to move to London?" Megyn chimes in.

"Yes. I'd move anywhere for her."

"And what about your sisters?"

"They support me. There's never been a day where they haven't."

"Your parents?"

"If Hayley is happy, then we are happy." Kathryn answers, I see tears streaming down her face. "Even if it hurts us to see her go, we will always love her and support her every need. As long as she visits every once in a while and gives me more grand babies." she laughs.

We all chuckle with her and the mood lightens immediately.

We spend the next few hours, laughing and chatting even though Father had to leave halfway through to attend to some King duties. We still had a great time. All the while, Hayley's arm as been around my shoulder, keeping me close. I've missed her so much. I let my guard down and snuggle into her, earning gasps from my Mother and sister.

"What?" I question.

"You two are just adorable." my Mother tells us. Megyn nods in agreement.

--------------------------------------

The weeks I spend with Hayley seem to slip by me too quickly. We've already flown back to LA and said goodbye. I have a good cry on the plane back. Knowing it would be the last time in a while before I see her again.

Because my love was not with me, the flight was painfully long. Father said he would talk to me when I came back. I really hope that Hayley has made a good impression on him over the week. In my opinion, she was perfect.

Well, I came back two weeks ago and he had not said a word to me. I haven't seen him, actually.

"Mum? Have you seen Father anywhere?" I call into the library.

"I'm in here, Melissa." I hear my father answer.

There, in the library, my Mother and Father sat at the desk. It's rather formal for a married couple but then again, they are the King and Queen Consort.

"Come sit, darling." Mum smiles and pulls out the chair next to her. I do as she says and look anxiously between the two.

"Melissa. We have come to a conclusion in regards to your girlfriend." my Father starts.

"Of course." I nod.

"And we would love nothing more, than fo you to marry the woman of your dreams. But we need to know if we can announce it and when the wedding will most likely be."

"I will talk to her and figure all that out. Thank you both, this means a lot to us."

"We just want to see you happy and if Hayley brings you that, then it is Hayley you shall have." Mum says.

"May I leave to go speak to her?"

"You may."

I skip out of the library and all the way to my quarters to find my phone. Immediately dialling Hayley, she picks up on the second ring.

"Hey, Missy. Is everything alright?"

"No. Everything is perfect! Father approved and he wants to know if we can announce it and the soonest date for a wedding."

"Wow. That's crazy. He can announce it whenever he feels like it. But I want to finish my education here and get to say goodbye to all of my family and friends, you know? I'll be graduating in May, so not that long. Just got six months."

"I hope they fly by. Is everything okay in America?"

"Actually, not really. My sister is in a coma after she was trapped under a ten story building and Apollo has barely left the hospital. Its really killing me. But this news is great and it's taken some weight off of my shoulders."

"I'm so sorry. If there's anything I can do, I'll do it."

"Make the announcement and plan the wedding for late May. Oh, and Missy?"

"Yes, darling?"

"Will you marry me?"

Did she really just propose over the phone.

"Did you just propose?"

"Yes. Will you?"

"I will."