The Values Of Homework

Warning: Short chapter

Y/n pov

Just walking to my next class like normal

Physical and verbal fights? Normal

Bullying? Normal

Two people making out? Normal

Maya being a dick? Normal

Moon watching me from the vents? Nor- wait, what?

I look up and see two glowing red orbs staring down at me from the vent cover.

'That's creepy...'

I give him a small and subtle wave as to not give attention to myself, then continue walking.

Suddenly, someone comes running right into me and we both fall down. Before I could even their face, they already got up and continued running without even apologizing.

'Sigh'

I pick up my notebook and just continue walking, rubbing my head since it hit the floor. I wasn't looking up, but I could feel Moon glaring at whoever was running.

At least one person getting hurt? Normal

Time skip

So... Much... Homework...!

I can't deal with this much assignments! How am I gonna handle college if I can't even handle math...

"Maybe Moon can help me study on the roof after school..."

And by study, I mean help me cheat.

Time skip

"No."

"But you said I'm an exception when it comes to breaking the rules!"

"No starlight of mine is gonna graduate by cheating."

I sigh and lay on the mattress, Moon holding my laptop and supplies.

"This isn't even a big test, it's just homework."

"Homework that's gonna teach you about the values of college and adulthood."

He sits down criss cross applesauce and puts my stuff down in front of him.

"I know this may be hard and stressful, oh who am I kidding, I don't know what it's like~"

He chuckles and motions for me to sit beside him, which I do.

"I'll help you alright?~ Even if it takes all night~"

"Really? Honestly, I thought you would only know daycare math."

"I'm a machine, I'm sure I know at least a little bit more then daycare math~"

He gives me the laptop and opens a textbook.

"So, when's this due?"

"Yesterday..."

"..."

Time skip

Moon pov

"Finished! It only took 6 hours, but we got the job done!~"

I turn to look at Y/n, who had a smile, but not the same enthusiasm as me.

"Yeah..."

"Darling? Are you alright?"

She nods and yawns.

"Just a little tired... I should go home now..."

"You're right."

I grab her hand and stand up, then grab her stuff for her. I walk out onto the roof ahead of her, until...

'Thud'

"Dewdrop?"

I turn around and see her lying on the ground, knocked out cold. I gasp and rush over to her, setting her stuff down and kneeling beside her.

"Oh, she's sleeping."

I pick her up bridal style and take her back inside.

"I guess you're staying the night here little firefly~"

She gets more comfortable in my touch and leans closer. I lay down on the mattress and cover her with the blanket.

"6 hours is a lot, I don't blame you~"

I lay down beside her and grab her waist, pulling her closer and cuddling her. I kiss her head and close my eyes.

"Until we meet again, my love~"

'Powering Off'