The Part Where You Run

Y/n pov

...

I just stayed frozen as I trembled while looking at the...the monster I guess.

They were right...

"This is the part where you run~"

The second he finished that sentence, I bolted through the hallways as I heard metal footsteps behind me. Wait...

Metal?

Occasionally, I would hear a low chuckle and some snarky but also scary remarks.

Out of nowhere, I make a sharp right turn, causing him to crash into the wall ahead of him. But, I suddenly slip on something and fall down on my stomach. I look down and see Alex's Sundrop plushie. She lost it again.

"Oh you naughty girl..."

I look back and see him leap in the air, ready to pounce on me. At the last second, I was able to scramble to my feet and run away, making him harshly fall on the ground.

I turn the corner and lean on the wall to catch my breath. I hesitantly peek out the corner and see him just...

Staring at the plushie

Actually, he kinda does look like it, just with a different color pallette.

Moon pov

'Sigh'

I... I miss you...

I will kill all the rulebreakers just so they don't start another fire...

Time skip

Y/n pov

"Y/n darling, I promise it won't hurt~"

I hide behind the teachers desk and cover my mouth as tears were starting to well up. The classroom was right next to the exit. If he can just pass by, I can escape.

But, he doesn't pass by

I hear the creak of the door and some light footsteps. Then, it suddenly gets silent. I could see a shadow looming over the desk, almost detecting me. Then, the shadow disappears. I let out a sigh of relief once I hear the door close, indicating he left. But...

He didn't actually leave

"You think I'm that stupid..."

I gasp once someone grabs my arms and harshly pulls me to my feet. He wraps his arms firmly around me with my back against his chest and covers my mouth so my screams and cries were muffled.

"There's no need to cry sweetie~ Don't you want a new friend?~ I know I do..."

His tone lowered a little when he said that last part. Like...he was sad maybe.

He sighs and puts his mouth next to my ear and chuckles, causing a chill to run up my spine. His hand slides down from my mouth, to my neck.

"Everyone wants to be with Moondrop~"

"M-Moondrop...?"

"That's me!~ But you can just call me Moon since we'll be friend forever and ever~"

My eyes shoot wide open once he starts to apply pressure on my neck.

"NO"

I slam him against the wall multiple times, trying to get him to let go of me, but it didn't work. Well, that was until...

'Click'

The lights turned on. I must have slammed him against the light switch.

He freezes up and his grip on me loosens, then his arms falls to his sides before his lifeless body falls to the floor like a ragdoll. I wipe the tears from my eyes and get a good look at him.

"A-a robot?"

I hesitantly crouch down next to him and look at his face. His eyes were closed, so I guess he was...powered off.

I run my hand on his night cap. It had stars all over it, as well as a tiny star at the end of it. It was actually very childish and...

Cute

Why would something like this wear clothes like these? Even his sharp teeth were kinda cute in its own creepy way. He even had jester shoes. He was actually...

"Pretty..."

I look up at the light switch, then back down at the animatronic that calls himself Moon.

"The lights? That's your weakness?"

It does make sense I guess. He would always appear after sundown and when all the lights are off.

I stand up and inhale through my nose, before running to the exit at full speed. What did I do now? No one will believe me. Not even the people spreading the rumors. Well, I guess it isn't a rumor...

Time skip to next day

I stood in front of the entrance, feet planted on the ground. I tried to fake being suck, but that didn't work. I tried to actually get myself sick. I was too chicken to do it though.

"Y/n?"

"Mrs. Parker. Good morning."

"Good morning to you to. But, are you ok? You're just standing here, not doing anything."

Maybe... Maybe she'll believe me...?

"I-I saw something last night..."

"An intruder?! We gotta tel-"

"No. It wasn't an intruder. It was... It was that monster everyone is talking about."

"Huh? Y/n, not you too..."

"B-but-"

"Come on. You'll be late for class."

She puts her hand behind my back and leads me inside the dreadful building. I just sigh and follow along with her. I mean, there's nothing happening today that'll make me stay after school.

Right...?

Short chapter because I'm too busy watching Malcolm In The Middle-