A New Home

Y/n pov

'Yawn'

"Morning mom."

"Good morning Y/n."

I sit around the dining table and start eating my breakfast.

"You feeling better?"

"Yeah. I think the medicine worked."

She gets her purse that was on the chair across from me.

"You're going to work? But it's Saturday."

"I gotta cover someone's shift for a couple hours. I'll be back around 2:00 pm."

I'll be home alone? Yes!

I smile a little to myself as I toss my mom her keys.

"Bye Y/n."

"Bye mom."

She then walks out the door, leaving just me. I immediately stand up and fall face first on the ground.

Hey don't look at me like that! It's completely normal!

I turn over and look at the ceiling, deep in thought.

"What should I do today... I just realized how boring it actually is here..."

I stand up and sit back on the chair.

"Maybe I can visit... Hah! I don't have friends! And my cousin lives halfway across the world. If only I could swim!"

I yell to the cockroaches in the walls and myself. I looked at the time on the stove. 9:30 am. I'm not the type of person to sneak out when my mom isn't home. But, once I have told my mom I was going to the library when really, I was going to the mall. But that isn't the same as sneaking out. At least, I think...

"I wonder if the school doors are still open..."

I finish up my breakfast and put on my shoes. I grab my phone from the dining table after I brush my hair.

(Unlike Moon's bald ass head-)

I leave the house and start walking to school. I actually have a bike. But, it's missing a wheel...

Time skip

Very surprisingly, the door was actually open. The school should really do something about the security here...

"Hello? Moon?"

Seeing the halls so empty and clean was a very weird experience honestly. And that orange peel that was on the ground is gone now. Thanks Mr. Cooper!

"Huh? Is anyone there?"

Mr. Cooper's here!

Panicking, I frantically look around for a hiding spot. But, it was all just lockers. Wait...

Lockers!

I open one of the lockers that didn't have a lock and hide in it. Good thing I fit in it. Well, except for that one time when Payton shoved me in one and left me in there for 10 minutes. At least she got a well deserved detention after that.

The elderly man walks past my hiding spot with a sceptical yet alert look on his face.

"Maybe I was hearing things..."

He shrugs his shoulder and disappears around the corner. Once I was sure he was gone, I get out of the locker and let out a relieved sigh with how cramped the space was.

"Now where are those stairs..."

As I was walking, I kicked something on the ground. I look down and see a can of whipped cream.