Baby Names

Recap

" Selena the kids seemed to all fall asleep ."Susan said from behind me .

" They've had a long day ."I said as I started to clean some of the toys up .

" I have a question."I said as I stopped what I was doing and looked at her .

" What is it sweetie ? " She asked .

Selena's POV

" How do you balance being a mom and having a social life ? " I asked .

" It's not easy and I understand why your so afraid to let another person into your life ."She said as we sat down .

" How long did you wait before you introduced Noah to the kids ? " She asked .

" About a month ."I said .

" Exactly you waited until you were comfortable enough to introduce him and the kids to each other ."She said .

" I was content with not finding another person, but you sweetie are not ."She said as she held my hand .

" I know your scared to start dating and not have it work out but that's the reality of dating sometimes it works out for the best and other times it doesn't but you need to try ."She said .

" I know that what just happened with Keith probably is making you steer even more away from dating but that's all the more reason to try again ."She said .

" He's a very nice guy but he's always been in nicer terms...a player ."She said laughing a little at the end .

She's not wrong he's never once had relationship that lasted for more then 2 months at a time, is that really the type of person I want to be around the kids ?

" Kyle..."I started to say but stopped, she looked at me and nodded her head .

" My boy is a sweet boy who doesn't act on his feelings ."She said .

" Like you he prefers to put everyone before himself." She continued.

" The twins accidentally told me today ."I said .

" I'm the reason none of his relationships work out ."I said with guilt .

" Oh sweetie stop right there."She said shaking her head .

" He didn't tell you so it's his fault, I've been telling that boy for years to tell you how he feels and he just said no ."She explained.

" He's just like Noah ."I admitted .

" He's such a close friend of mine I'd be afraid to ruin that friendship ."I said .

" And that is exactly why he hasn't told you ."She said .

" He knows how much life has kicked you and he doesn't want to make you lose one of your last support systems, that's why he hasn't told you ."She explained.

" How do you not hate me ? " I asked .

" Selena ?! " She said shocked .

" I could never hate you. Honey this is something he needs to deal with himself."She said as she hugged me .

" You are an amazing mom, sister and friend to my son . You've never hurt him and you've been there for him just as much as he has for you ."She said .

" Just put that out of your mind for now and focus on yourself, if and when the time comes you two can sit down and have that talk ."She said .

" Okay, thank you ."I said .

" Of course honey ."She said smiling .

Next Day