14

After a day of wandering in the forest Merlin finally found the cave he crawled in the tight space with torch until he reached the tunnel

"Emrys."morganas voice rang out

"It's nice to see you, Morgana."Merlin said camly

"Oh How well you've protected my brother. And the kingdom. "Morgana said mocking ."Who would of thought it, a worthless servant with all that power.But you cannot help your King now. You cannot even help yourself."

"Why do you hide now ? You still afraid of me? " Merlin stated

"I fear no one. You have defied me for the last time, Emrys. " She screamed as Merlin swung the sword and cut her arm . Suddenly she backed away the doorway and the rock fell blocking Merlin inside .

Arthur felt a chill go down his spine as he flet his stomach drop. 'Merlin ' he whispered out looking toward s the forest when Leon and Gawine came in with the news of the Saxons nearby .

Slowly Merlin regained his conciousness. He didn't know how long he had been out . He raised his head Crystal surrounded him when suddenly he heard his voice.

"Merlin"

Merlin looked over to see the figure of his father glowing in the brightness of the Crystal .

"Get up my son."balinors voice rang out

"I have no reason to go on. The battle is already over. Morgana has won. I have failed Arthur."

"Only if you accept defeat. But if you fight, if you let hope into your heart, Morgana cannot be victorious." Balinor said kindly

" What hope is there without my magic ?"

"You are son of the earth, the sea, the sky, magic is the fabric of this world, and you were born of that magic. You are magic itself. You cannot lose what you are." Balinor explained."Believe, Merlin. Believe what your heart knows to be true. That you have always been and always will be."

Merlin was fully healed when he opened his eyes again. He stood up and found a crystal and kept his hand out and imagines started to flash through the crystal.

He flashed through images and then finally found Arthur. Arthur seemed pale and tired as he slept on their bed.

"Arthur....I am fine . Don't worry my king . Stay safe morgana is out and she is dangerous. I will meet you soon."Merlin said softly then the vision of Arthur disappeared.

Arthur opens his eyes with a confused look on his face. He felt him. He felt his Merlin. It didn't felt like a dream. But he flet that his love was safe.

M

erlin straightens up after the vision faded . His father was now beside him looking g at Arthur's vision and Merlin with a warm glow.

"Thank you. For your help"merlin whispered

" I only offered a hand.Your journey has begun. Only in the heart of the Crystal Cave will your true self."balinor smiled kindly

" Move towards the light. Your destiny awaits. Do not be afraid. "

Merlin walks toward the light but then looks back his father.

" Goodbye father."

"There are no goodbyes Emrys, for I will always be. As you will always be. " balinor said kindly

Merlin stepped into the light and out the cave . Ready to fight for Camelot.