61

Giyuu's pov:

"I..I hate you kocho" I huffed out, panting breathlessly as I leaned against the wall. The sun was bright, too bright for my liking since I felt my bare skin getting heated by the radiation of the sun.

"I love you too~" kocho teased, "now, now, you shouldn't start slacking off tomioka"

"I'm tired"

"Shall I add 10 more kg then?"

"No, please"

"Ara~ Ara~" she giggled, walking over to another sack that was filled with an atrocious amount of sand. She hauled the sack over her shoulder and strided towards me, smiling evily which caused my heart to sink.

"I'll add 15 more kg, then"

"....kocho-"

"50 more pull ups, tomioka. I'll give you some rice cakes later"

"Kocho-"

"Good luck!" She cheerfully encouraged. Kocho lightly patted my shoulder and walked away, leaving me with sumi whom was clapping happily, 50 more reps of pull-ups, and 70kg of weights which were tied around my waist.

I really want to kill her.

...

"180...181...182..." I grunted, glaring at the green grass underneath me. Sweat dripped from my forehead and the horrible sun beat down on my back, scorching my already hot skin with its sharp rays. The grass looked so fresh, alive, vibrant, it looked like it was enjoying life which great,y contrasted the torture I was going through. Sumi sat on my back, adding additional weights which made my push ups more difficult than usual. My arms were tired and my back was aching, followed by the dry texture of my throat due to the lack of hydration the past hour.

Kocho promised me that the pull ups would be the last exercise, but she presented me with another circuit to complete - a circuit that was even more strenuous compared to the previous one. It consisted of body weight training, cardio, blowing into the gourds, and lastly, the classic reflexes test using the disgustingly green herbal tea.

I wanted to cry, because I had more hell ahead of me and I have yet to even finish the atrocious amount of push ups I have to do.

Save me.

...

3rd person pov:

The ravenette huffed, panting aggressively as he sprawled on the wooden floor. His neat hair was reduced to a messy flop - with stray stands that stuck to his sweaty neck and loose locks falling from what was supposed to be a bun. His shirt was soaked with sweat, and his limbs weighed tons which was getting more noticeable as the adrenaline slowly trickled out of his body. He was exhausted, hungry, thirsty and craved for the cooling sensation of the cold water but his body failed to lift himself up.

"Ara~ Ara~, are you dead, tomioka?" The female joked, passing a water bottle to her patient. The hybrid let out a Low groan, flipping the insect hashira off which caused the latter to laugh. She smiled, sighing with a satisfied expression as she observed the hybrid.

Shinobu was proud to see how far giyuu had come. It took the ravenette a grueling amount of time to regain half of his former strength but the amount of effort it took was tremendous. She was happy to see giyuu recovering well, so well In fact that she had to increase his training intensity by ten fold due to the inhumane speed of his recovery - not surprising since giyuu was a hybrid.

"When's dinner?"

"In 2 hours, it's 4pm now"

"Are you serious.." the hybrid groaned, furrowing his eyebrows and pouting like a little kid whilst his stomach growled. The insect hashira giggled, chuckling at the latter's child-like behaviour which was a prominent feature the past few days.

"Shinazugawa said he went to get some taiyaki, he should be coming back by now"

"Thank god for him"

"Yeah, speaking of which, how was the meeting with obanai and kanroji?"

"It was quite well, Obanai apologised for his past actions"

"That's nice"

"It is, he also said that rengoku, uzui and rengoku will be visiting next week"

"I heard, it nice to see them willing to apologise"

"Yeah" giyuu smiled, groaning yet again as he sat up, "by the way, when's shinazugawa coming? I'm hungry as heck right now"

"I think he should be coming about -right now" the female stared at the clock on the wall and averted her eyes when she heard the door slide open. "Speak of the devil" shinobu smiled, causing the wind hashira to click his tongue.

"Devil my ass"

"You don't have one though"

"Bitch"

"I apologise if my facts have offended you, sire" the female replied sarcastically, grinning evilly at her friend who huffed out a curse.

Sanemi rolled his eyes and trudged towards the ravenette, holding a plastic bag In his hands that was filled with the sweet scent of the taiyaki. The taiyaki smelt like vanilla, and the faint smell of matcha wafted through the air. Giyuu's eyes trailed the plastic bag which was progressively getting closer to him and his stomach growled, mouth watering at the idea of being able to indulge in the delicious snacks.

"Sup" the wind hashes greeted, plopping the plastic bag onto the ravenette's head with a fond smile plastered on his face, "I bought taiyaki and this matcha bread. It's quite famous in town"

"Oh, I heard it before. Some of the kakushis were talking about how good it tasted since the sweet red bean paired well with the bitter matcha"

"Yeah, I bought it for you to try"

"How about me?" The female interjected. Sanemi rolled his eyes, raising an eyebrow at the female whilst his lips were upturned into a slight frown.

"You have limbs"

"Of course, thank you for stating the obvious"

"Your welcome, mosquito"

"No problem, dog. Anyways, I need to go now since I have some patients to take care of. Help me take care of tomioka, shinazugawa"

"Kay"

The female nodded and smiled, bidding goodbye to the two males as she exited the room. Giyuu sat on the ground and opened the bag eagerly, pulling out a smaller paper bag that contained the taiyakis. He licked his lips before opening his mouth, hungrily bitting down on the sweet snack which satisfied his hunger. The red bean inside the taiyaki was perfectly sweet and the cakish texture of the fish shaped dessert was soft.

"Are you going to sit on the floor forever?" Sanemi chuckled.

"I would walk back to my room but my legs are dead"

"Lmao"

"That's quite a melodramatic reply"

"Well there isn't much to say, is there?" The wind hashira smiled. He squatted down and scooped up the ravenette swiftly, cradling his lover in his arms.