~ Pass The Blame ~

Start from the beginning

L rolled her eyes, "You did all of this just because the world was too peaceful for you?"

Andrei leered through the bubble; all signs of crazed amusement were gone.

"I did all of this because the Keepers neglected my kind when we needed them the most. Everything would have been fine, but they had to abide by their stupid rules."

L's mum sat up, holding L with both hands, whether it was for her support or to protect L, she wasn't sure.

"We did help! If it weren't for the Keepers, the deaths would have been in the thousands. We were the ones who finally managed to stop the trials. We convinced the humans how ridiculous it was to hunt witches. We've been over this so many times, Andrei. You have to stop."

"Oh, I will stop. I'll stop when the Keepers are no more. I won't have to think about how you could've stopped the deaths if you'd just let us kill every single human in charge."

L's eyes widened in shock. This guy wasn't just insane he was pure evil.

"Killing one species to save another isn't right. We helped how we could and saved a great many lives. You were there, you saw."

"But you didn't save my mother!"

Andrei hissed and pulled himself back from the bubble. A sudden flash of blue light shone from the outside, but L couldn't see what was causing it.

"Andrei, the Keepers tried to save her. The Demons were manipulating the city, they caused the death of your mother."

Andrei appeared menacingly to the side of them, and L instinctively stood guard in front of her parents.

"That's funny because they said the very same thing about the Keepers. You're always blaming the Demons for your shortcomings, you Keepers think you're so superior. Not looking so high and mighty now, are you?"

L's eyes narrowed, "And you're any better? Blaming the Keepers for what humans did to your family? Yeah, it's sad, but wiping out a whole species for one incident? That's your response?"

"Why not? The world will keep turning without the Keepers. You hold too much power and do nothing to help when it matters. Tricking the Demons into believing that power could be theirs was easier than you think, and so really, you brought about your own demise."

L's dad swore, which L found a touch amusing. "You really have lost your mind, Andrei. This is despicable, even for you. Wait until Vadim finds out what you've done."

Andrei let out a snort, "Vadim? He knows, of course." Andrei pushed his face up against the bubble, his eyes wide and full of glee. "He's been helping me."

L stared from Andrei to her parents. "What does Vadim have to do with this?"

They turned to her, both looking confused and concerned. 

"Vadim is Andrei's older brother. They aren't close, however. Vadim never shared Andrei's opinion about the Keepers involvement in their mother's death."

"Yes, and he would never choose to help you with this." L's mum shouted to Andrei.

"No, not willingly, but I never said he helped of his own accord, now did I?"

L's dad snarled, "You're forcing him to betray everyone! You are sick, pure evil, using your own family like that."

Andrei shook his head, "If I have to become evil to get justice for my mother, then so be it."

"Vadim would never let himself be forced into this easily." L's dad growled, "What did you do to him?"

Andrei shrugged, "I didn't do anything to him. I just took custody of something precious to him, or should I say, someone."