067 now or never

CHAPTER SIXTY SEVEN
( now or never )

CHAPTER SIXTY SEVEN( now or never )

NOV 1, 2149
DAY FIFTY ON THE GROUND

"HI THERE!"

The Mount Weather guard spun around so fast he got whiplash, befuddled by the unexpected, peppy voice behind him. A blonde girl stood only inches away, hand lifted beside her youthful face, wiggling her fingers with a smirk. It was clear she was not from within the mountain— the mischief in her sparkling chestnut eyes and the small knife in the same hand she was waving with told him so.

"Bye there!"

The blade was in the side of his neck before he could even raise his gun.

Fallon instantly dropped her dinky weapon, grunting as she used her one good arm to half-way catch the man and aid in his descent to the floor; ensuring it happened quietly. Once he was down, clearly dead, she blew the tendril of hair that had escaped from her ponytail away from her eyes; kneeling beside him. Swiftly, she removed the large gun strap from around his heavy body and secured the firearm to herself. Blood was splashed against the inside of his hazmat suit's clear face shield, the man having been wearing one since the turbine room was unprotected from the earth's radiation.

Rising back to her feet, and taking a quick scan around the massive space, she gave a soft whistle; Raven and Wick peeking their heads through the door before hurrying inside. Quickly, they jogged over to the large machinery that Fallon didn't recognize or know the name of; unzipping their backpacks and getting to work.

Everyone had a part to play in the liberation of Mount Weather's prisoners. Raven and Wick's were to be the brilliant mechanics and engineers that they were— shut off the power long enough for the enormous army waiting outside to blow the lock on the main door and storm the mountain, forcing their surrender. Fallon's job was much more straightforward— keep said brilliant mechanics and engineers alive. She had volunteered to do so.

The entirety of the mighty mountain's electricity was generated at Philpott Dam, which is where they were now. She ambled through the area, the weapon resting in her arms while Wick and Raven did their thing. She traveled meaningless circles around the huge generators, eventually getting bored and joining the pair. The girl let out a sigh as she took a seat beside Raven, the brunette's eyes briefly scanning her over, sending the faintest of smiles before returning her attention to the turbine. Fallon reciprocated the small smirk.

"Three down, two to go. As soon as I'm done, you set the detonator." the Reyes girl went over the procedures aloud.

"I know the plan, Raven. It's my plan." Wick's tone was annoyed— greatly contrasting the goofy and unserious one he usually spoke in.