013 we make the rules

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
( we make the rules )

SEPT 23 & 24, 2149DAYS ELEVEN & TWELVE ON THE GROUND

SEPT 23 & 24, 2149
DAYS ELEVEN & TWELVE ON THE GROUND

BYEGONE ━━━
VOLCANO CHOIR

" somewhere, i
heard you scream,
for other's hearts. "

DAKOTA WAS FRANTIC. Charlotte's screams were far off, but they were ceaseless, and she couldn't figure out how to reach the little girl.

She stumbled around in distressed circles, amidst the woods as she tried to stay far enough away from Murphy and his group to not cause more trouble than they were already facing. If she was caught by them, she'd likely be no help to Charlotte. Her heart was pounding in her chest as she listened to frightful and outraged shouts overlap; desperate to bring peace she didn't know how to bring. The Thompson girl knew better than to cry out for her former-student, as much as she wanted to; knowing it would be an utterly idiotic move.

"Put me down!"

"Charlotte!"

While she could easily distinguish the different voices booming throughout the land, it was hard to decipher exactly what was going on; Dakota unsure if Murphy had already gotten ahold of her or not.

"Bellamy! Stop!"

She furrowed her brows; having completed her second braid since her departure from camp. This time it was Clarke's dire yell, and she was calling for Bellamy. Was he here? The last she was aware, the boy was out cold on the cot inside of his makeshift tent.

She sped up through the mighty forest as light rain spat upon her, heading towards the small flickers of warm lights her pupils had captured in the distance; deciding everyone had officially met back up, meaning it didn't matter anymore if Murphy saw her. The clamor grew nearer and nearer each step she took, out of breath but pushing through. She had almost made it to where they were when she froze in her tracks, her feet skidding against the dirt as she came to an abrupt and harsh halt; every morsel of oxygen being snatched brutally from her. Her body instantly went numb; eyes larger than the sun when she rounded a wide tree to find herself face to face with a grounder.

He stared at her, she at him; though his eyes were the only pair void of fear. He was exceedingly tall with broad shoulders and a Herculean build; covered head to toe in dark fur and leather. Various weapons loaded his heavy armor as well as the ones in his hands; knifes, swords, bows, everything. His skin was light brown, his eyes barely visible through the thick war-paint of black smeared across his features; head bald with tattoos running up his neck.