052 allegory of the cave

CHAPTER FIFTY TWO
( allegory of the cave )

OCT 19, 2149DAY THIRTY SEVEN ON THE GROUND

OCT 19, 2149
DAY THIRTY SEVEN ON THE GROUND

GOLD ━━━
IMAGINE DRAGONS

" only at first did it have its
appeal, but now you can't
tell the false from the real. "

IT HADN'T TAKEN LONG FOR FALLON TO FIND HERSELF BACK IN ARCADIA's MAKESHIFT PRISON. Once again, she was here unjustly.

The blonde sat with her knees pulled to her chest, head titled upwards as she stared blankly at the severed wires hanging from the ceiling like a plethora of electric vines; all having been ruined and ripped apart upon the Ark's mighty fall to earth.

It had been over an hour of silence after the mere minutes of upheaval in which she had been framed and arrested by the man she once tried to kill. It was just she, a young guard trying desperately not to fall asleep on the job, and the severed wires she was pouring all her focus into.

She only looked away at the sound of squeaky door hinges, Murphy entering with a first aid kit. The  guard immediately rose to his feet, gripping onto his weapon; the boy holding out a hand.

"Easy, mall cop. I'm here on Doctor's orders." he affirmed, the officer thinking long and hard before deciding to finally let him through.

He strolled over to the blonde, kneeling down in front of her as he pulled out a new sling and some gauze; her old one having been torn off her arm in the process of being arrested. He swallowed at the glare she sent him— knowing if looks could kill he'd be a dead man.

"What's the verdict?" she muttered as he unwound the materials, the boy's blue eyes shooting briefly up to her then back to to his supplies. She could tell he didn't want to divulge, but did so reluctantly.

"Attempted grand theft, attempted ADW."

The girl narrowed her eyes at the charges, taking an angry beat to process the utter stupidity of them.

"Assault with a deadly weapon? A shock baton isn't even—"

"A deadly weapon. Yeah, I know." the boy sighed.

"You're not convicted, yet, that's just what the big bad council is tossing around. Bellamy and I already testified, told them you didn't do it and all. The Princess is out there vouching for you, hitting them with police misconduct of excessive force and stuff like that. It honestly helps that they messed up your arm again." he gestured to her mangled hand, scrunching his nose slightly at the sight of it.

"And Clarke sent you in here to play doctor? Since she and Abby are busy... defending me?" she quirked a humorless brow, clearly not thrilled by his presence and highly unconvinced their chancellor was making too much of an effort for a her— a lowlife criminal.