050 eleos

CHAPTER FIFTY
( eleos )

OCT 16, 2149DAY THIRTY FOUR ON THE GROUND

OCT 16, 2149
DAY THIRTY FOUR ON THE GROUND

"SCORED YOU A COUPLE OF EXTRA CLIPS." Raven mentioned in a low voice, Fallon watching as she opened up a black duffel bag full of machine guns.

They were at the edge of the live fence in a more sequestered area sheltered by a hunk of metal that had catastrophically splintered from the Ark and wedged itself into the earth. Raven had easily managed to obtain the weapons for them, and now Clarke was meeting them in their hiding spot.

"Hey. My mom's in surgery and the team going after Kane just left. We should too." she informed.

"Did you find Octavia?" Bellamy inquired, equipping himself with one of the firearms.

"No, I found you." the youngest Blake came prancing up, two tight braids woven on each side of her head; sword secured on her back.

"Extra." Fallon rolled her eyes as she continued.

"I'm not letting you leave here without me."

"Octavia—" Clarke began, the dark-haired girl not pausing long enough to let her speak.

"Finn and Murphy are headed to Lincoln's village. I've been there. Have you? Has she?"

"You done?" Bellamy lifted his brows, tilting his head to the side at his baby sister; thick curls obscuring his chocolate eyes. Her lips parted in confusion, Clarke passing her a navy bag.

"What's this?" she queried.

"Your pack. Lead the way." Bellamy smiled, hints of playfulness and pride among his features as she pulled it over her shoulders.

A relived and happy expression washed over her face; she'd been waiting for this side of her brother to return. And she didn't know if it was the fact he knew Dakota was alive now, or that it was so blatantly obvious she was no longer a little girl, but it filled her with joy that he was treating her with such trust and respect. Maybe he had finally surrendered even an ounce of his over-protectiveness. She felt like giving him a hug, but instead, she only smiled and began to sneak out.

"Woah. Not so fast, Pocahontas." Raven stopped her, everyone observing as she let the end of her crutch lightly tap the wire; bright sparks emitting with a zap.

"I thought you said it was handled." Clarke whispered in worry.

"It is." the mechanic assured cooly, entirely unbothered as she lifted a walkie to her lips.