021 dakota kom skaikru

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE
( dakota kom skaikru )

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE( dakota kom skaikru )

SEPT 25, 2149
DAY THIRTEEN ON THE GROUND

AFTER THE
STORM ━━━
MUMFORD & SONS

" but there will come a time,
you'll see, with no more tears. "

THE LINGUAL CIPHER HAD UTTERLY SCRAMBLED ANY SENSE OF INTUITION DAKOTA ONCE HAD when it came to the realm of understanding foreign concepts and mysteries, leaving her brain spinning in disarranged circles. No matter how hard she studied, how out of the box she attempted to think, her endeavors simply weren't enough to make sense of the adventitious words.

The aching pain in her head had gradually worsened the longer she squinted her eyes and used every ounce of her intelligence to try and work through the seven pages worth of puzzling riddles; straining her eyes in such severe focus.

"Ai... yu.." Dakota mumbled to herself, in a complete quandary as she wondered how badly she was butchering what was likely a beautiful language.

"Yumi? What the heck is a yumi?"

"Maybe like... yummy! Like you ate really good food." Fox shrugged, shoulder to shoulder with Dakota as the two sat against the wall in a more secluded area of the second floor.

"Well then that would make I in their language stand for y in ours, which means if they were actually saying yummy, it wouldn't start with a y. Which it does. And the only lead I've had so far is that maybe they're just spelling words more accurately to how that word sounds, which would mean it should say yumme. Unless they speak their letters totally different than us, which is definitely a possibility."

Fox stared at her with a blank expression for a long moment before speaking, moving on entirely from whatever it was Dakota had just said.

"Can I look at more of his drawings?" she queried, jokingly batting her lashes and grinning widely as if to better her chances of being granted access.

"Yeah, sure. I need a break for a minute anyway." Dakota drew in a deep breath, handing the journal to the young artist to enjoy before rubbing her sore, tired eyes. The pounding in her head was substantial enough to create a whooshing noise in her ears; the girl wanting nothing more than to lay down on the cold, hard drop ship floor and fall into a long slumber. But of course, circumstances did not permit.

"Hey, Kota. Is this one of your words?" Fox's voice caught her attention, blinking away the exhaustion as she turned her neck to see what the brunette was pointing out; her brows furrowing at the display.

None of the other sketches they had scrutinized had been labeled, this one however, was. Of course it was labeled with a word neither of them knew, but if she had an image to match with a saying, it could be a game changer in cracking the other words.