056 to those we shall soon find

CHAPTER FIFTY SIX
( to those we shall soon find )

OCT 24 & 25, 2149DAYS FORTY TWO & FORTY THREE ON THE GROUND

OCT 24 & 25, 2149
DAYS FORTY TWO & FORTY THREE ON THE GROUND

BLEEDING OUT ━━━
IMAGINE DRAGONS

" i'll bleed out for you, so i bare
my skin and i count my sins and
i close my eyes and take it in. "

THE ROAD TO TONDC WAS BUMPY SITTING ON THE WOODEN CART TRANSPORTING FINN'S BODY, Fallon's legs dangling freely off of the side as she bobbed lightly around against the sticks and rocks the big wheels rolled over. Two towering clydesdales pulled them through the uneven terrain, the magnificent creatures walking perfectly in sync; a masked grounder sitting in control at the front of the trolley.

After Clarke killed Finn, the Commander declared they must take his corpse back to the village he had massacred— TonDC— and burn him to ashes as part of their customs and rituals. Only then could an alliance be formed, and only then could they focus on their people's liberation from Mount Weather— Trikru and Skaikru alike.

Fallon's chestnut irises flickered to the duo ambling along the path behind them, Bellamy and Clarke side by side; guns in their arms. Although their attention was supposed to be on the upcoming ceremony, all the boy could talk about was how they were wasting time with politics while their friends were in trouble. He was in the middle of unsuccessfully convincing Clarke to let him be an inside man, clearly unable to stomach the idea of being apart from Dakota much longer. Fallon agreed. Traveling to TonDC just to burn a body was an utter waste of their time and resources.

She turned her head back to the girl she was sitting shoulder to shoulder with, only having seen the back of Raven's matted ponytail for the entirety of their trip so far. The mechanic's tired eyes were glued to the body beside them of the boy she once knew, all wrapped up in a burial shroud. Originally, she had screamed at Clarke with tears running down her cheeks in the cold night; but since the sun had dawned on a new day, she'd been nothing but silent.

Fallon stared at her in a mixture of forlorn and thought, scheming on how to get the brunette to look away from the atrocity she'd been so laser-focused on; she needed a break. Hesitation filled her body and her face scrunched automatically into a grimace— every part of her begging her no when she finally thought of something. It was so far out of her comfort zone. But, she sucked in a deep breath and shook her head. It was all she knew to do, and she had to do something.

Reaching out, she placed her hand on the side of Raven's head, pulling her into her shoulder and forcing her to look away from Finn. Cringing silently to herself, she tensely twirled her fingers through her chocolate locks; starting at the top of her ponytail and working her way down. The Reyes girl's face was contorted in utter confusion, her befuddled eyes watching the trees slowly pass them by.